Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where did it go?

That is the question I'm asking myself about this weekend. How can it already be time for a new week to begin.

This honestly might have been the busiest weekend of my life. It is definitely up there. I have been running since I left school on Friday.

I have been working on an ABC scrapbook for my sister-in-law, Sara, as a gift for her baby shower. For anyone who may not know, an ABC book means there is a page for each letter. For example A is Announcing the Arrival, B is Brother & Me, and so on. Even though I've known for quite some time that her shower was today, I waited until a little over a week ago to start. :) That is just how I do these things. When Friday arrived, I still had several pages to complete, and by several, I mean well over half. So... I left school right after the buses on Friday and came home and got buys scrapping. I managed to get four pages done before it was time to get ready to leave.

Five of us got together at Jill's house to work on things for the shower. I enjoyed hanging out, but I ended up volunteering to do even more crafts. I know this may seem crazy, but I love Sara and I love crafting so it was no big deal. And what I did really did take that long at all thanks to my Inspiration. However, it did mean I was up later than normal and didn't get any more scrapbooking done on Friday night.

Saturday, Andrew and I woke up around 7. We had to get ready to go to the Juvenile Diabetes walk with my student council kids. I am so thankful it didn't rain on us at all. We had 8 cars of people go for our team. It was about 20 kids and 10 adults give or take a few. Great turnout! I really enjoyed it. I love my kiddos so much!!!! After that 5K walk and running errands afterwards, I was in major need of a nap. I think I slept for like an hour before it was time to go again.

We had a leadership conference at church. I will admit, I did not want to go. However, the husband really wanted me to go with him so I went. I am so glad I did. We had a guest speaker who was pretty good. He is the president of an online seminary. During the conference, there were a couple of times where we had to share with our neighbor about some things. They were some tough questions, some personal questions. I am so proud of myself for being brutally honest. I didn't try to act like I was better at it than I really am. I know that may sound crazy to some of you... that I'm proud of myself for being honest. It's hard for me to do that sometimes, especially with close friends who were in my group. I worry too much about what other people think. But I did it, and I'm glad. I learned they struggle in some of the same areas that I do.

After the leadership conference, instead of coming home to scrapbook like I should have, I cam home and watched the Hogs. Really should have scrapbooked. Those stinkin' hogs lost. Very frustrating. I get so into these games. I remember a time when I didn't care about it at all. Now I stress myself out while watching games. Ridiculous.

After the game, I stayed up until 12 to scrapbook. Then was back up at 7 this morning. I scrapbooked some more and finished the album. Then it was off to church. Great message this morning.

As soon as Brother Tom said Amen, I was out of there today. I ran to Wal-Mart for wrapping supplies and then headed to the church. We got all set up for the shower and then enjoyed loving on Sara and Miss M.

Lately, it seems it has been Baby Baby Baby. I think about them so much, I am having dreams about babies every night it seems. I really enjoyed making Miss M a blanket and scrapbook. As I worked, I prayed for her. I tell you this, I can't even begin to imagine how Sara and Cary, and Jill and Alex feel. I'm just the aunt, but I am so ready to meet these little girls. I want to hold them and love on them. I am thankful God gave me two arms...one for each of my sweet nieces. :)

Tonight we had our first meeting of groups. I really enjoyed it. We are going to be getting to know some great people. I cannot wait until the 4th to have our half of the group in our home.



As you can imagine, there are a lot of pics to go with this post. However, you are going to have to wait on those. I'm tired and need sleep so they will be coming hopefully tomorrow.

Like I said, busy busy weekend. Despite that, it was also a very blessed weekend. One that I really enjoyed.

4 comments:

  1. You did have a busy weekend!! I'm so glad you guys have joined a life group...you'll make lots of new friends that way.

    As for the shower...you were a great help and I appreciated it so much. What would I do without your creative ideas!? :)

    I can't wait for little miss A to meet her Aunt E. :)

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy weekend! ABC books are so much fun to make! I love giving albums for baby showers and weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds like some crazy scrapbooking! I'm sure I'd panic if I had to do that much in that small amount of time! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete