Monday, December 2, 2019

Thanksgiving 2019

This past weekend was a long weekend in every way.

The weekend felt more like a couple of weeks off from work.  I didn't realize how much my battery needed to be recharged until mid-recharge.

The long weekend left me feeling rested and ready to return to the real world.

Though it would have been nice if the alarm had gone off a little later than it did.

The weekend was long in that we dealt with a dog surgery for Lincoln.  I picked him up from camp on Friday and he was only home a couple of hours before he went to the vet.  He ended up staying in the emergency clinic and didn't come home until today.

We've missed him.

Tampons for Thanksgiving might not have been his best little doggy idea.

Stick to turkey!  It goes through a little easier.



Over the long weekend Andrew and I were able to have several different conversations.

We talked about our accomplishments this year , our goals for the upcoming year, what we were thankful for this year, and a host of other things.

A huge accomplishment for us this past year was paying off all debt.

For the first time in our married lives we are debt free.

We are so very thankful for God's provision.

Being debt free is huge, but it is not what I'm most thankful for this year.

As I thought about the past year and the different things God has done for Andrew and me, I couldn't help but think back to this time last year.

I wasn't pregnant AGAIN despite my desire for a Thanksgiving announcement.

I wasn't loving my job.

I was completely indulging in some serious self pity.

I couldn't muster an ounce of gratitude.

When it was my turn to share what I was thankful for at Weaver Thanksgiving, I passed.

I couldn't do it.

I felt like anything I said was going to be fake.

My heart was hard.

I wasn't thankful for anything.

This year....

Still not pregnant.

But my heart is able to find much gratitude.

God has opened my eyes to all He has done for me.

I can see Him working in the waiting.

I can see him using my wait and the loss of Jayden to encourage other women.

This year my heart is filled with thanksgiving.

And I'm thankful for that.

So this year...

I'm thankful to be thankful.


1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that you were my student and that you are my friend and that you have developed into an awesome human being. Love you forever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete