Sunday, January 25, 2009

B as in not any letter I was prepared for.

I have seen several people play the letter game, you know where you are assigned a letter and you come up with ten things you love that begin with that letter. It is sort of scattegories, which I love to play. Megan played this game recently so I finally decided to ask for a letter. As I awaited my letter I made list in my head as I imagined what my list would be. I made list for r,s,l, and a few others. I never considered the letter she assigned me. It's the letter B. When I first saw my letter, a few things instantly popped into my head. I really had to think on some of them. But here they are in no particular order. Ten things I love that start with the letter B.


1. Bible
I do not have the luxury that Adam and Eve had to LITERALLY walk along side God. I don't have face to face conversations him the way they did. But God still talks to me. I have a book that was inspired by him. I have his thoughts on more topics that Adam and Eve talked with him about I'm sure. I have stories that they didn't have. The Bible is my guide book. It is my instructions manual. My Bible has certain verses highlighted and things underlined. There are even places where I made a few notes. The Bible I have now is a parallel Bible. This means I have two translations all in one. I have King James on the left and New Living on the right. I love that I have both right there at all times. There are great great stories in the Bible. Stories that most people don't know are in there. Check out the Old Testament - there is great stuff their. Stuff like swords getting lost in someone's fat. Gross I know. :) The Bible also reminds me that God loves me. He loves me enough to have died for me. And even better he rose from the grave!! How awesome is that!!


2. Brother
At the age of four, I was presented with a baby brother. I'm pretty sure I've been taking care of him and protecting him from day one. Don't get me wrong, I have done more than my fair share of picking on that boy, but hey he's MY brother. Seth is one of my favorite people in this world. He is also one of the most talented people I know. He can drums, skateboard, draw, and so many other things. He has even been a wrestler before. Go Seth Sabor! He has such a kind heart. I have not always been the best big sister, but he has always been the best little brother. He has been there for me in all things. Right now my BABY brother is 21 years old and engaged to be married. All I have to say is that girl better be glad she is a sweetheart. Love you Ashlee!! I don't think I could have picked a better girl for him. And although I AM NOT trying to rush them along, I can't wait to be an aunt. I can't wait to see him be a Dad. I also can't wait to see him be an uncle (and I might be rushing that one a bit). I know that my kiddos are going to love their Uncle Seth.



3. Books
For me there is nothing better than sitting down with a good book. I absolutely love to read. I always have. I get plain old giddy when I enter a bookstore. And a library? Oh my goodness that is even better because those books are free. :) I get really into my books. I laugh out loud and I even cry. Once I finish a book, I have to wait until the following day to begin a new one. I'm still with those characters. And if it is a series, I do not begin book one until I have them all. It would absolutely drive me crazy to finish one and be left hanging. I wouldn't be able to read another book. Growing up I loved Judy Blume and The Babysitters Club. My favorite books was Just As Long As We're Together by Judy Blume. Now my absolute favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. She writes Christian fiction that is beyond amazing. Some day I will meet her. Every time I try something happens. And yes I'm aware that sound a little stalkerish. :) If you like to read and have never read one of her books, you must start now. I will send you if need be. As an adult I still love children's books. They are fun. I have started a collection for my children. They will have a full library when they enter this world.


4. Bubble Baths
This one goes right along with number three because the only thing that could make a good book better is a nice warm bubble bath. It is so relaxing. I take a hot bath every night and sometimes even get a bubble bath. Some of my favorite memories are when I've come home from work (when I work night shift at Sonic) and Andrew would have my book and nice warm bubble bath waiting for me.


5. Britt Nicole
Britt Nicole is a young Christian artist. I discovered her a few years ago at Winter Jam. At that point she was not well known. In fact, her first cd hadn't even been released yet. Say It was one of the first albums to go on my ipod. She is great. She writes about a lot of touchy subjects but subjects that a lot of young people deal with today. She has a song about her parent's divorce and how that affected her and a song about cutting. My favorite is Set The World On Fire. She is currently working on her second album and I can't wait to hear it.



6. Blogging
I have come to love blogging. It is getting dangerously close to an addiction. I have made new friends and have really been blessed through my blog. I have loved getting to know all you bloggers. Blogging has been an outlet for me. It's a place to share what God is showing me and just what I am doing in life. Someday I might even print all my posts and make a scrapbook.

7. Birthday Cake
I love me some yummy birthday cake with lots of frosting. My fave is white or yellow cake with vanilla frosting.


8. Breakfast
Breakfast, in my opinion, is the best meal of the day! I could eat it three meals a day. In fact, some days I do. Nothing beats a big stack of pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage patties, bacon, and toast. Yumm. My day isn't really going until I have had something for breakfast. I also enjoy a good bowl of cereal. Fruit Loops are my first choice. A good breakfast is definitely the way to this girls heart. :)


9. Beach
I love the beach. I have only been a few times, but it has been great both times! If you have a good book it is even better. I don't think I would like to live on the beach as it would lose its appeal. But Destin, Florida is nice to visit in early September.


10. Bed
My bed is probably one of if not my most favorite place in my house. We spend a lot time there. We practically live there. We watch tv in bed, we read in bed, we talk in bed, we even eat in bed. I will have to post this picture another time because I want to be a picture of my bed, not just any bed. And right now, my bed is torn apart because of our home improvement projects.


If you need some blogging inspiration, let me know and I'll give you a letter so you can play too.

No comments:

Post a Comment