Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Crazy Birthday Give-A-Away

Today marks a very special day in my life. It is my second birthday. I came into the Ball family on August 30, 1983, but I came into Christ's family October 11, 1999. Ten years ago today, I came to a truth that has altered my life and will forever change my life. I still remember it all as if it were yesterday.

My two cousins, Ginger and Shawna, along with my best friend Mandy, and I decided to go see a play at 1st Baptist in Walnut Ridge. The play was called Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flame. Mandy and I had already seen the play with our youth group. It would be Ginger and Shawna's first time. It was so crowded when we got there that we couldn't sat together. Mandy and I found two seats together and Ginger and Shawna went off to find two seats together.

The play showed groups of people, coworkers, families, and friends. In each case part of the group would be saved, and part not. Jesus would come down and take the saved, and Satan would come get the others. Let me just tell you... this play.... very scary.

It made me realize that Jesus doesn't save youth groups. He saves individuals. Going to church and being good wasn't enough.

At the end of the play when it was time to make a decision, I told Mandy I had to go. She went with me to as my supportive best friend. When we got down to the stage, there was Ginger with Shawna.

I love that Shawna and I shared that incredible moment together.

So... today I am 10. And oh do I have a long ways to go in this journey. I'm thankful that God doesn't give up.

Tuesday on the 13th my dear sweet husband will have his spiritual birthday. He was saved when he was 4. Great story about bathtime with his brother. :) I am so thankful and blessed to be married to a man who loves God. A man who does his best to be a good godly leader in our family.

In honor of my spiritual birthday, I'm going to host my first give-a-way. Our life group is studying a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Incredible Book! It is making me fall crazy in love with my Lord again. I really want to go buy everyone I know a copy of this book. I can't put into words the things God showed me in the first chapter alone. After reading it, I was left to just sit in awe of my awesome God.


To enter in this give-a-away all you have to do is give praise to our God. Leave a comment sharing how God has worked in your life lately or how you came to know God as your Lord and Savior. If you are not a blogger, be sure to leave your email so that I can get in touch with you.

You can also enter by posting about the give-a-away on your own blog. Just leave me a separate comment saying you did so.

I will take entries up until midnight central time on Friday the 16th.

8 comments:

  1. I came to know the Lord as my Savior during Vacation Bible School at Old Union Baptist Church. I am glad to say that I have recently (about April) started going back to church and am able to take my wonderful blessing from God-my son Conner to church with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, sister!!

    I came to Christ at the young age of 5. Though I was very young, I knew very well at that moment that if I were to die, I would spend eternity in hell. Praise God for my sisters who started the conversation and for my Daddy who led me to Christ that evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was a believer a young age and always battled with this. I realized I wasn't a true believer at the age of 21. I approached Daddy Weaver at a Wednesday night service at MBC to talk about it. I came to know Christ that night. It was then I finally felt the peace of God. Thank God for Daddy Weaver the great man he is.

    I have been wanting to read that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the above was from nat G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! :)

    I dont want to take up your entire comments section, so you can find "my story" here:
    http://scraphappychelsey.blogspot.com/2009/04/internet-evangelism-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for being faithful to share your testimony! I spent this weekend at Living Proof Live so I am more aware than ever, what an awesome God we serve! He is faithful and good - He is true! I was saved 37 years ago in August - at Bogg Springs Camp; changed forever. I was also there when that little 4 year old boy gave his heart to Jesus - Praise His Name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was saved during VBS at my church after a puppet show when I was 12. I knew I needed Him in my life at that moment. I ask Him into my heart and I couldn't wait to share. As time has gone by, I realize more and more everyday how much I need Him. I'm falling more in love with Him everyday. What a mighty God we serve! I am in awe of how much He takes care of me. I pray that I can be a useful vessel in His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing about your spiritual birthday. It's always encouraging to hear how others have met Jesus. How cool to know that even though we've never "officially met," we have a mutual Friend.

    ReplyDelete