Saturday, October 31, 2009

A trying week....with a bundle of sweetness

Let me start with some positive. Here are a few pics from the TobyMac concert. Again, let me just say... What a fun concert!! I seriously think I could see him in concert every weekend for the rest of my life and not get tired of it. I am so thankful that we went.

TobyMac and the Diverse City Band

Louis Palau

Me and the Husband

As for the rest of my week.... a bit crazy and trying. Monday, no sooner than I stepped in my front door, my phone started ringing. It was the husband. His car broke and he needed a ride home. I won't bore you with the not so short list of things that went wrong with his car. Let's just say it added up to about $700 worth. Not good news. My spending... put on freeze to say the least. What is it about that that makes me want to go out and start shopping. Honestly, I immediately started thinking of things I just had to have. But I was good and I spent no money. Anyways.. thankfully the Toyota dealership gave him a rental so we weren't trying to survive, working in opposite directions with only one car. This would have been a true challenge for us. Anyone who knows us knows that we never ride anywhere together. Honestly, we always take our own cars. It just makes sense for us and we joke that it is why we are still married today. :)

Anyways, so with that looming over us, we have some big decisions to make in regards to church. I'm not sure how much the husband would want me to say about it, but I will say there is a possibility, a fairly large one, that we will be looking for a church home again in the very near future. It all depends on what happens tomorrow. This is hard for me. I totally understand and agree with my husband's reasoning for this. I know that he is trying to be a good leader for our family and I totally respect that. But at the same time I love ISBC. Or at least I love the people there. I have built relationships that I do not want to lose. I have been more comfortable in this church and with these people than any other church I've ever been in. And I don't really understand why God would call us to ISBC and have us leave after only 4 months. Because I do still believe God told us to go there and I don't regret going. I have asked myself, or God rather, on more than one occasion this week why church has to be so difficult. I finally told Andrew last night that it was time we pack up and move to Osceola, after all that is where the best preacher I've ever had is. :) He asked what I would do, what he would do. Well easy... there are schools in and around Osceola and there are computers to be fixed in and around Osceola. That preacher happens to be my father-in-law. I told Drew, the four of us could get a house together. :)

Anyways... so with all that going on, yesterday morning I walked out to get in my car and head for work. I put my school bag in the back seat and then sat my purse in the front seat. I noticed something all in my front passenger side seat. At first I thought it was crumbs or something had been spilt in my car. I walked around to that side of my car and saw what it was. My window had been busted out. My GPS and iPod were gone. Someone had broken into my car sometime in the night. I immediately called Andrew. Then I called the police. Two other cars on our street were hit as well. One was two houses down. They stole an iPod out of his truck too. Then I called my Momma, because that's what I do. :)

My window is all fixed now, but as for my Tom Tom and iPod... they are just gone. I just felt sick to my stomach all day yesterday, knowing that someone was in my car. Honestly, I felt like... I didn't do anything to them so why would they do this to me. I know it wasn't a personal attack against me. They had no idea whose car they were hitting. But still... I held it together through school, but when I got home I lost it. I had myself a nice little pity party. After Andrew got home, I knew I couldn't take it out on him. He didn't do anything. I'm feeling better today. Still hurt, but better. Last night I kept feeling the urge to go check on my car. Part of me feels stupid because it happened right outside my house and I never heard a thing. But I guess I'm not the only one....


With all of that, my week wasn't all bad. Wednesday, Jill and A got to come home from the hospital. Andrew and I went for a little visit Wednesday night. Andrew has always been indifferent about babies. In fact, I've only seen him hold two babies until Wednesday night. He walked in and grabbed A immediately and was just loving on her. It definitely brought tears to my eyes. So sweet. And oh my gosh... she is absolutely precious. I love her so much. I held her for a long time and just stared at her. I fed her too, just too precious. I asked Jill how she doesn't just sat and stare at A and cry all day. I really think I could move in with Jill and Alex. I could just hold A all day every day.


Okay.. on another note... Do you see how WHITE I look in all these pictures? Any suggestions? I've tried flash and no flash along with several different cameras. The result is always the same. I look washed out. I thought maybe it was because I bought only liquid foundation when I bought all my make up. I went back and bought the powder. The above pictures are all with powder. It didn't help. I've tried adding more blush. No help. I'm happy with the way I look in the mirror. I don't feel like I'm that white and no one is willing to tell me any different. I'm honestly to the point where if I look like that I'm not taking pictures anymore. I really want to tan, but can't afford it and I know it isn't good for me. But honestly, I HATE the way I look in pictures. I don't know what to do.

2 comments:

  1. Someone broke into my car a while back. They were looking for money I guess because my laptop and GPS were sitting right in plain site, untouched. They ripped open a sympathy card I was going to mail (probably looking for cash). I felt so "violated" that someone had been inside my car. It was really hurtful. I hope that things will get back to normal for you soon.

    ReplyDelete