Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Homecoming Week

Friday night was Homecoming at our school. Last week was full of festivities leading up to the big night. Each day was a different dress up day. I always enjoyed these in high school, but I think I enjoy it more as a teacher. There is just something about seeing a 7th graders face when you come in dressed all crazy. I don’t remember ever seeing any of my teachers participate. The kids really
enjoy it when we have silly and participate with them. Here are my pictures from last week’s dress up days.

Monday was Get up and Go Day. Honestly… every work place should have this day at least once a year. Being able to go to work on Monday in your pajamas is wonderful. It totally takes away those Monday blues. The past few years, I’ve gone out and bought bright fun pjs just for this day. I wasn’t able to do that this year, but I was comfortable all the same.


Tuesday was Color Day. Each grade was assigned a specific color to wear. Being a 7th grade teacher, I wore green.



Wednesday was Grandparents Day. Oh my, this day was fun! I stressed Tuesday night because I didn’t know what I could wear and I wanted to dress up. I was determined not to miss a single day this year. I was lucky enough to find this dress at a second hand store for only $3.50. Add a little baby powder to the hair, and voila! Grandma Weaver! Students didn’t recognize me. Heck, some teachers didn’t recognize me. I loved it. By the end of the day, I had the old lady walk perfected
as well.


On Thursday, I went from being a grandma to a nerd for Nerd Day. This one was also lots of fun. My sweet Momma shipped me my glasses from when I was younger. These beautiful red glasses are the first pair I ever had. The kids loved that I wore these in 3rd grade. With my gorgeous dress and braided pigtails, I felt a bit like Violet Bickerstaff from Saved By The Bell. She was my inspiration for the day.



Dressing up was lots of fun, but I sure was glad to just be me on Friday. Friday was Red/White Day. Being me is a lot easier in the mornings than anything else.

Friday night, I went to Homecoming. The girls looked gorgeous. In high school, every year I hoped that I would be elected. Never was though. When I go to Homecomings now, part of me wishes I could get out there in a beautiful gown. But anyways, they all looked beautiful. The girl who was voted queen started crying when they announced her as winner. It was so sweet. Brought tears to my eyes
as well.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the granny outfit! you looked awesome!

    And i think green is your color - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete