Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our Weekend

Andrew and I had a wonderful weekend. Friday night my little brother, Seth, came down to spend the night with us. He got here shortly after I got home from work. Andrew's brother, Cary, also came over to help Drew with my scrapbook desk. Drew and Cary worked in the garage all night on my desk while Seth and I hung out inside. I would love to tell you that while A & C were out there for several hours, they finished my desk...or even almost finished by desk. But they didn't. They got one door hung and one door built. Now in my opinion, that isn't much. They were out there a LONG time people. Apparently building a door is much harder than I believe it to be. Either way, I'm thankful for Cary's help and for the work they did get done, even if Andrew did later ruin that one door they made. :) While those two were building a door, Seth and I played this game called Heroscape. It has become my brother's latest obsession. I guess you could call it a board game although it isn't a board you unfold like most games. You build the board yourself using these plastic pieces and the board can be different every time. I don't think there is a wrong way to build the board. Anyways... it's a strategy war like game, I guess. You get to pick your people and they all have different features. We played where you pick 4 people: 2 heroes, 1 common squad, and 1 unique squad. Don't worry I've played and I still don't know what that means. I had no idea what I was doing so I just picked girls that weren't creepy looking. Some of the "people" aren't really people at all. Normally I wouldn't play this kind of game. I think board games should be quick, easy, fun, and take as little thought as possible. This game didn't meet any of those requirements as far as I could tell. The figures were scary and it took Seth like 10 to 15 minutes just to set up the board.... and that is a small easy board. However, I love my brother so I played. And I won!! I had no idea what I was doing but I want. Actually I caught on pretty quickly, its really not that hard, but I wasn't all into the strategy or anything. Seth probably has over 100 figures to choose from and I randomly picked 4. Part of my winning was luck and part of it was that my brother took it easy on me, or so he says. Here we are after my victory with the board behind us. I only played one game so that I could end undefeated. Seth also brought with him four Little Golden Books to add to my collection. So Sweet! He found them at an antique store. Saturday my parents came down so that we could go out to eat for my Daddy's birthday. The five of us went to Rib Crib and enjoyed A LOT of food. I brought an entire meal home with me after I stuffed myself there. Then we hit a few antique stores in search of trains. Dad's a big kid at heart. I think this is the first time Andrew has gone with us to antique stores. He really enjoyed looking at the furniture. He found me a cool 70s shelf for my scrapbook room. It is green, that 70s green. It's metal and has adjustable shelves. Each shelf has three or four these dividers that are sort of like bookends. I really liked it. I think we might go back and buy it soon. Then I can show you pictures. After Mom and Dad headed back home, Andrew and I came home and took a nice long Saturday nap. For some reason, we were both exhausted. Then we spent Saturday night just taking it easy watching movies on TV. Yesterday was the March for Life in downtown LR. I had participated in this once before right after Andrew and I were first married. I wanted to do it again this year. Andrew and I got ready and headed that way. We parked our car and then started walking toward where the walk started and a black SUV turns the corner. And what do you know, it is full of Duggar children. So then I spent the first part of the walk searching for Duggars. It wasn't long and Andrew and I were walking beside the whole Duggar Clan. I would love to tell you that I was a little less star struck this time. But....I wasn't. I was just as much a dweebasaur as the husband likes to call me. But I didn't talk to them, I let them walk. We marched up the capital steps where I sat by a few Duggar children. At the end of the walk I did have my picture made with JimBob. Andrew refused to go with me, but we ran into Joy, Gerry, Tyler, and PB while we there. PB gladly went along with me and Tyler went to take the picture. So here are JimBob, PB, and me. I just have to take a minute to tell you why I'm so fascinated with the Duggar family. I know a lot of people have negative things to say about them and their lifestyle. People don't understand having 19 children. Some people even act as if it a sin. I have watched the Duggar family on TV and I've read their book. Now I've met them in person and I just have to say they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I believe they are a family who has a genuine love for our Lord. They are simply trying to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. Personally, I think we could all use a little more of that mindset in our lives. I'm not saying that a large family is the only right way to live or that is for everyone out there. I don't think the Duggars would say that either. But it is what's right for them and who are we to judge them for that. I respect the Duggars in a lot of ways. They are teaching their children to be godly people. They are servants. They are debt free. After reading their book, I was so inspired to get debt free and stay that way. So there it is... my spill on the Duggars. If you have negative comments about them or me, please be kind enough to keep them to yourself. Now... back to the March for Life. It was a beautiful sight to see that many people walking in support of the unborn babies. There were a few protesters there as there always are and even though they will probably get plenty of media attention, I don't think they put a dent in any one's spirit. Once on the capitol steps, I took a few shots of all the people there. They introduced some of leaders of our state who support pro life policy. Governor Huckabee was there in support as well, another man I admire. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet him, but I did get a picture. Three women shared the stories of their abortions. Very sad. I can't even begin to imagine. Two women sang hymns that brought tears to my eyes. They did a wonderful job. Here is a short clip of everyone there singing.

What a beautiful sound! I am so glad we went. Here are a few pics. It was such a beautiful day yesterday.


After we got home from the march, Andrew and I finally took down the Christmas lights outside. Then we did some building in the garage, which I will be sharing with you later. We even had a little "camping" adventure. Liam Bailey peed on our bed last night. He does this when he gets excited or scared. It was very late and Andrew and I don't have but one set of sheets. We got them in the washer, but were just too tired to wait on them to dry. So we slept in the living room. Andrew slept on the couch and I pushed our ottoman against my chair and its ottoman and made myself a little bed. I don't know about Drew, but I actually slept pretty well. Now it's Monday and I'm just enjoying my day off. I hope to get lots done today including some scrapbooking that I hope to share with you later today. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. It was PERFECT weather for the right to life walk!!

    Great pics...those Duggars are everywhere!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always comment - but I always enjoy the read! Love you!

    ReplyDelete