Sunday, April 19, 2020

Quarantine Life

What I'm about to write will come as no shock to anyone reading this now.

But I want to be able to look back years from now and remember what life was like during 2020.

I want to remember quarantine life.

So here we go...

I haven't seen my students or taught them anything face to face since March 12.

I've learned that I don't like teaching online nearly as much as I thought I would.

Andrew hasn't been to work since March 24.

Gas is hovering around one dollar per gallon.

But I'm not taking advantage of that.

I haven't gotten gas since March 18 and I still have almost a full tank.

My car doesn't need gas because I haven't left my house since... well I don't really remember.

I drove my car the other day because I couldn't remember the last time I had driven anywhere.

Andrew goes to the store for us about every other week.

Zoom meetings seem to consume my weeks.

I'm not a fan of them and if  I never have another Zoom meeting again, it will be too soon.

We stay up until two or three in the morning every night and sleep til eleven every morning.

I've finished the third season of The Crown, the eighth season of Call The Midwife, all of All American, and all of Love is Blind.

Now I spend the days watching planner videos on YouTube.

And then I do some online planner shopping.

I'll be ready when life returns to normal.

Except that I'm not sure I even remember how to wear makeup or put on pants that button.

The LBs....well they are living their best life having both humans home all day every day.










No comments:

Post a Comment