Saturday, May 9, 2020

I Still Smile

I was driving around town this afternoon when it hit me.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day.

I mean I knew that.  

I have been thinking about it in regards to my own momma.

But as I was driving around town the thought that hit me was that tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'm okay.  I'm not in a puddle of tears.

Three hours, a pregnancy announcement on social media, and someone posting about losing their baby later..

I'm not as okay.

But I still smile because I am a momma to Jayden.

I remember every second of those twelve weeks so vividly it's unlike any other memories I have.

And I smile.

Do I question if I will ever be pregnant again?

Yes.

Do I have misplaced anger over my circumstances that do not appear to be changing?

Yes.

Do I still constantly daydream about another pregnancy and all the joy that comes with that?

Yes.

Is my God still good?

Yes!

Is my God still faithful?

Yes!

So I still smile and move forward.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you and hear you. My first loss was so hard on me. My second loss came after I had two kids, but was also hard. I also have experienced the loss of having a severely autistic child and how much of a struggle that is. Mother's Day mean so many different things to everyone. I love your openness and honesty. Have a good day friend.

    ReplyDelete