Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday...I think.

I am on Spring Break this week and have completely lost track of anything related to a calendar. 

Throw in the fact that school is closed through April 3 due to Covid 19 and I'm really confused about dates.

But I will say I'm thankful for my slow mornings and time off work right now.



I'm also thankful that I will return to work on Monday to start planning distance learning for my students.  We may be limited to online interactions but it is better than nothing.

This week I've tried to find the perfect balance between cuddling the LBs, reading for pleasure (because research paper is basically finished), and being productive.

Andrew and I have spent the past couple of nights going through all the things in our giant storage unit.  It feels so good to be purging and simplifying life.  I am thankful that we have been able to make good progress and should have our storage unit emptied by the end of this month.

We have done our best to keep some normalcy to life while the world feels uncertain and chaotic.  Andrew has said multiple times in the past few days that we live in the best country.  And he is right.  I am thankful to live in the United States where even during a pandemic I can go to the grocery store and purchase food.  I may not be able to purchase toilet paper, but I can purchase food and other necessities. 

And even more than that I'm thankful to have a Father that is still on His throne.  He is still in control.  He has always provided and will continue to do so. 

My brother-in-law posted this on social media yesterday...

Everything is out of control, right?

Sun still setting in the west.  God still painting across the horizon.  Be you a dollar it rises in the east tomorrow, and if not, I AM READY. So stop, take a minute, wash your hands, hug your kids, read your Bible, lookout for your neighbor, and breathe.  God knows and cares.

I'd say my brother-in-law is a pretty wise guy. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment