Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Few Changes

Things are changing around our house.  For someone like myself who doesn't like change, this can be very difficult to deal with.  Once I am accustomed to something, I prefer to keep it that way.  Take the husband's new Kindle Fire for example.  It is different than my old school kindle therefore I do not like it.  I'll keep what I know and understand.

Some of the changes occurring are easier to deal with than others.  One change that I am absolutely giddy about is a slight career change for me.  I was given the opportunity to teach English next year instead of Math.  I had to jump on the opportunity though I will admit I was a little hesitant at first.  Though Math is probably my least favorite subject, after two years of teaching it, I was getting used to it.  Teaching English means starting all over again.  After a couple discussion, some which were more heated than others, with my husband I knew teaching English was the right choice for me.  Now that I have officially made the decision, I couldn't be more excited.  I'm currently reading teen novels as fast as humanly possible in hopes of deciding what novels I will use in class next year.  Some are definitely better than others.

The hardest change has been with Liam Bailey.  It's been almost a full month and he still has not come home.  I cannot let my mind wonder about what has happened to my sweet cuddly boy.  My heart just cannot handle that.  As hard as it has been for me and as much as I miss him, I think it worse for Liberty.  My sweet, crazy girl has not been herself since she came home.  She misses him.  There are times when she lays here and cries.  It will BREAK your heart.  Because of that we have start discussing and looking into getting another dog.  She needs a friend to play with.  I'm not sure Andrew and I are completely ready, but it is something that I feel we need to do for her.  I only have a few weeks left of school (YAY) and then I will be home all day and have the time to train a puppy.  So far I have not found one that I have fallen in love with, but we are not in a hurry.  We do have an L name in mind. :)  Still searching for the perfect B middle name.  Of course we'll have to wait and see if this name fits our new furbaby.  Who knows.  Maybe in a month or so I can introduce you to the newest furry member of our family.

1 comment:

  1. My heart just breaks for you with Liam. I am thinking of you everyday.

    ReplyDelete