Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday Tunes: God is Enough

There is so much going through my mind today. I've started several post and then deleted them. I'm struggling with getting my thoughts into words. I want to write about a few topics, but I'm not sure how yet. God hasn't given me the words. Maybe I'm not even supposed to share.

I just don't know.

One thing I will tell you is that God has been speaking John 3:30 to me consistently for the past couple of weeks.

" He must increase, but I must decrease."




Lately I've been depending on my own strength and ability. I have convinced myself I'm capable of doing life without Him.

I've been feeling a desire to get closer to Him for awhile now. A couple of months ago he gave me a verse from James.

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you" James 4:8

I've been praying this verse ever since, but it was like I couldn't figure out how to draw near to Him.

Now I know. I have to decrease. I have to lower myself on the list of priorities and move Him back to the top. It's where He belongs. It's what he deserves.

I don't belong there.

I heard a song on the Dove Awards that sparked this journey. It's by an artist known as Lecrae. It's not normally the kind of music I listen to, but I was immediately drawn to this song. Natalie Grant joins him in this song singing that God is enough, more than enough.

He is all I need. He is all that matters.

I will be the background and let him lead.


So here's something a little different this week - Lecrae and Natalie Grant singing Background and God is Enough. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment