Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School

It's official. School is back in session. I have been looking forward to this for quite some time. I have such high hopes for this year. I feel like I'm ready to help this group of 7th graders grow and succeed academically.

Today did not disappoint. I had a great first day. I've got some rowdy boys, but that's not something that can't be solved.

Though I look forward to the first day every year, I'm glad to have it out of the way. One. It is exhausting. Two. I'm ready to get down to good stuff. Let the real teaching begin.

I'm so excited about this year and a few things I've decided to do differently.

I normally take a picture on the first day of school. I can't believe I didn't today. It just didn't happen this morning and then the day was over and I was in my pajamas before I knew it. I'm an exhausted girl!

I struggled with the outfit this year. I normally have it planned weeks in advance. Not this year. I tried on several outfits last night, but nothing was speaking to me. This husband wasn't being real opinionated about it either. I finally settled on a pair of brown capris, a purple shirt, and a white cardigan.

I will be going to bed very soon, but I had a great first day and am ready tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great first day! Praying it's a great year for you and your students.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete