Sunday, October 16, 2011

Waiting...


Lately I have been praying about something pretty big. It's one of those things that we don't want to act on until we are sure we have a clear answer from the Lord.

This past week I was feeling a little impatient about it. Okay I was feeling a lot impatient about it. I was more than ready to hear from God about how we should proceed.

God spoke. I'm not really crazy about his answer but I have no doubt that it is his answer for now. He spoke to me through his word.

Wednesday he gave me this verse. "Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

When I read it I just smiled because I knew that is exactly what I needed to do.

The following day when I flipped my scripture calendar at school this verse appeared.

"We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9

I literally laughed out loud when I read it. I thought, Okay God. I will wait and try to be patient. :)

The verse on my blog is about trusting God's plans. It also came to mind.

I'm not very good at being patient, but what choice do I have when God specifically says Wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment