Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Last Weekend of Summer

I went back to work this past week.  It was a long and exhausting week full of meetings. They were great and I learned a lot, but man am I tired.  

It was a week of ups and downs.  

I'm loving my new school.  My coworkers are incredibly nice and helpful.  The administration is amazing and they go all out for their new teachers.  We all received new MacBook Pros this week!!  They fed us breakfast and lunch every day.  

We prayed over every meal.

There have been several times over the past week where I was brought to tears of thanksgiving.  I have felt incredibly blessed.

But there have also been days where I have been brought to tears of frustration and stress.  This past week has been a week of change.  I'm in a new school with new people and with new rules and procedures.  It has been a lot to take in.  Especially for someone who doesn't like change.

At one point I just wanted to go back to HG where I knew what I was doing.  

It will just take time.  

And a few more fun moments like this...



Andrew's brother, Cary, and his fam came over Thursday night to stay a few days with us.  

We had a lot of fun this weekend.  I'm so glad I was able to relax and spend time with them instead of spending those days stressing about Monday.

Some great memories were made on this last weekend of summer.

We hiked to Collins Creek.  I use the term hiked loosely.

It was beautiful and the kids absolutely loved it!











We visited the hatchery.



Homemade pizzas were made.




Naps were taken.



Lots of swimming and fun on the boat happened.

Jackson swam all over the lake like this.





 Andrew and Jackson swimming back from the buoy.  Jackson wasn't real sure about this idea.  He told Andrew "When we get there lets go back to the boat immediately."  Haha!


 This little guy cracked me up waddling around the boat.


 Driving lessons for everyone.


 Miss Millie did not want to get in the lake.  We finally just put her in and she loved it!








 He had the time of his life until a "baby snake licked him" and then he was DONE!


 Can't go out on The Liberty Belle without a little lake basketball.




Loved having you guys here!  Looking forward to your next visit.

1 comment:

  1. Elaina, I hope you have a blessed year in your new school! Bet you are a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete