Monday, February 15, 2016

Say Cheese


That ladies and gentlemen is my very last selfie with braces.

That's right!

All that metal came off this afternoon and I could not be more excited.

The closer it got to my appointment the more nervous I got.  I was nervous that Dr. Lay would decide I needed to wear them a little longer.  I was nervous that the process might be painful.

I have a long history of being afraid when it comes to people working on my teeth.

It wasn't too bad but taking the bands off did hurt.

I may have screamed a little.

At one point Dr. Lay told me not to worry, he wouldn't accidentally pull a tooth.

But that is exactly what it felt like he was trying to do.

Once everything was off he did some grinding and polishing.

That didn't hurt but I did not care for the sound.  

I wish I had more pictures of the process.

And now on to the first selfie post braces....



I brought home my box today.




When you get braces they give you this long list of foods that you are not supposed to eat.  I'll admit I didn't really follow that list very well.  

How am I going to have cheese dip without chips?

I mean really!

Nuts is also on that list.  

Paydays are my favorite candy bar and I have not had one in almost two years.  I don't know why I chose to follow this one rule, but I did.

So today I went to the gas station and bought myself a Payday.

Party!!




No comments:

Post a Comment