Monday, July 8, 2019

Visiting Niagara Falls


Niagara Falls has been on my bucket list for a while now.  Andrew was able to go several years ago and I didn't like the fact that he had been and I hadn't.

He kept telling me it was better from the Canadian side.  And while that may be true, I enjoyed our side of the falls quite a bit.

I was completely fascinated by the fact that what I saw looking across the water was another country.   This is as close as I have ever been to visiting another country.

Maybe one day we'll get our passports and flee the country.

Until then we will keep exploring our great country.

Exploring Niagara Falls required quite the little walk from the parking lot.

But the views along the way were pretty amazing.






This sign y'all!  You know they put it here because someone actually dared go into that roaring river.  Crazy!!


We finally  made it to the falls just as it started to lightly rain.  





Before arriving I thought I wanted to ride on that boat.  I'm so glad Andrew convinced me it was a bad idea.  Those people were pretty much standing fully clothed in a shower.  CRAZY!








We walked out on the observation tower for a different perspective.








We couldn't leave without a picture with the official sign.  Blogger's Vacationing 101





 On our way out we passed by the Eerie Canal




And of course we had to stop along the way and dip our toes in Lake Ontario.  This was our last of the Great Lakes to visit.



We were ahead of schedule so we decided to keep on keeping on and see how far we could make it.  I looked for campgrounds while Andrew drove.

I found a spot on Lake Ontario and it ended up being my favorite campsite of the trip.



It was so quiet and peaceful.  

Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment