Friday, June 20, 2008

A Room with a View

Just got a call from my principal. She made me a little nervous. She asked how I was and then told me that at my school they follow the rule of seniority which means those that have been there longer get special privileges. I've only been there a year, so I'm wondering what I'm about to lose at this point? My room, my content area, my grade level,...? What is it? My mind is racing. And then she tells me that another teacher is leaving. This teacher had a room with a window - which is a huge deal. She told me I was next in line and I asked if I'd like to move. Of course I said yes. There are bookshelves in there, which I had requested for this year. I love the location of the desk. There are tables instead of desk, which something I want a lot of the time. I'm so excited. I want to go up and there and really take in my new room. Sure I've been in there several times, but now I just want to go soak it all in. This past year my room was sort of isolated from all the other teachers, now I'll be in the same hall as everyone else. This excites me because I feel like I'll finally be able to get to know some of the other teachers on my grade level.

1 comment:

  1. thats gr8 im shur the kids will love it rooms without windows were always so depressing.

    ReplyDelete