Saturday, November 16, 2013

Five on Friday

I can't seem to get one of these posted on Friday so I this is my Five on Friday on Saturday.


  
  
1      ONE.   Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away and Andrew & I could not be more excited about hosting his family.  He is the youngest of six and most of his siblings along with his parents will be spending the night with us Wednesday night after we celebrate.  I’ve been trying to find time to do some little things to make it a very special time.  One of the things I’m doing is making place mats for all the little ones.  I’m really pleased with how they turned out.    





I made them using my creative memories software and then had them printed out as 11x14.  I glued them on poster board just to make them a little thicker and then used contact paper to laminate them.  A little keepsake from Thanksgiving 2013.

Every year we go around and share what we are thankful for.  It always ALWAYS results in laughter and tears.  I personally could do without the tears part – I’m not a fan of crying in front of a room full of people.  However it is a sweet tradition and I’m secretly glad that we do this every year.  This year Andrew & I are putting a fun little twist on it that I’m excited about.  I had an idea that Andrew helped bring to fruition in an even bigger way than I ever imagined.  I will share that after Thanksgiving. 

2     TWO.     I have been working at our After School Program two days a week.  Students have a snack, a quick recess, homework time, and an activity.  I get to scrapbook with some awesome students every Monday & Tuesday.  I LOVE it!  Though I do struggle with letting them make their own pages.  They LOVE stickers and want to put hundreds of them on every page.  I will get a new group of students after Thanksgiving and I plan to be a little more structured with what they can do on each page.  These two days a week give us a little extra money that we are using to hire a housekeeper.  I was a little hesitant about the idea at first because I feel like I should be able to clean my house myself.  But I HATE cleaning.  Can’t stand it.  Andrew finally convinced me to spend two days a week doing something I enjoy to avoid doing something I despise.  Our house keeper started today and I must tell you it is so incredibly nice to come home to a clean house on a Friday afternoon.  People can judge me if they want for hiring someone to clean my house and I don’t care.  It was a great decision for our family.  It is one less stress in our lives.


3    THREE.      In four short weeks I get to attend the Spring Premiere for Thirty-One.  I cannot wait to see all the new products and prints that we will be offering in January.  I am so thankful my aunt convinced me to start selling.  I LOVE my second job and have been blessed more than I every could have imagined by it.  Extra income and new friends.  Can’t beat that.

4     FOUR.  We have picked out and purchased bedding for 4 out of the 5 beds in our house.  The one bed missing out?  Our own.  Thanks to Pinterest I have this vision in my head of what I want our bedroom to look like.  I either haven't been able to find the perfect bedding or I haven't been able to find it at a price that won't break the bank.  Andrew wants to have something picked out and on the bed by Thanksgiving.  We made a special trip last night to look for something.  We were out until almost midnight looking and still came home without bedding.  I think he was a little frustrated, but he is a good sport and wants me to be happy with it.  I'm hoping to find something online today.  Anyone know of any good sites I can shop?


       FIVE.  I bought my first Piko a few weeks ago and am now obsessed.  Mine is red but I'm pretty sure I need one in every color.  Any great places online to get these at a great price?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to find out what YOU are thankful for - I know what I hope it is ;)

    What is a Piko?! I'm totally behind on the trends! haha!

    ReplyDelete