Monday, August 3, 2015

Four Days In

Friday was moving day.

All ten of us are home for good.

We've made it through the first few days.

We are learning to be a family.

We have moments where we are really good at being a family.

And we have moments where, quite frankly, we stink at being a family.

We are ten individuals learning to be together 24/7.

We are learning to speak with kindness.

Even when we don't feel like it.

We are learning to put others before ourselves.

We are being reminded constantly that we cannot do this without our Heavenly Father.

He called us to this journey and He will see us through.

But Satan is working double time to steal our joy and tear us apart.

We refuse to let him win.

We refuse to give up.

When he tells me I can't do this that I'm done, sometimes I start to believe him.

But then I remember that I can do this because I'm not doing this alone.

God is with me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday was a particularly hard day for me.

It's wasn't really anything that happened that day.

I was simply feeling the weight of everything.

The girls and I attended a baby shower and then spent the afternoon swim suit shopping.

There was some drama there, but no more than should be expected when six girls are shopping for swim suits.

By the time we made it home I was exhausted and an emotional wreck.

I went straight to the bedroom and just let the flood gates open.

I couldn't pull myself together for dinner or even bedtime.

I cried for probably two hours straight.

And I'm talking full on ugly cry.

I'm married to an amazing man who is strong when I am not.

He took care of dinner and bedtime.

He is the best daddy.

Just like I knew he would be.

At one point, one of our sweet daughters came into my room with a vase a flowers and a note saying I was the best mom ever and they had a fun time shopping.

It broke me.

There I was feeling like a failure as a parent and this beautiful girl still loved me.

The kids like to play a game where we share about where we saw Jesus in our day.

I saw Jesus in my daughter in that moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So see...we have our ups and we have our downs.

As do all families.

We just do it with more people than most.

3 comments:

  1. Best thing is be you, let them know your struggles and how you love them but you r learning too...let them pray for you:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best thing is be you, let them know your struggles and how you love them but you r learning too...let them pray for you:)))

    ReplyDelete