Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Parenting

Yesterday was a first for our family.  Dad had to go to work and I was left home to take care of our children without his help.

The morning went smooth.

Around lunch time Satan wormed his way into our home and things took a turn for the worse. It was a rough afternoon. 

We all let ourselves get easily frustrated with one another.

After yesterday, I was scared to face today.  

Another day home without dad.  

I woke up feeling sick.  

I had an orthodontist appointment which meant Dad was home with us for the first part of the morning.  Who knew an orthodontist appointment could mean relaxing alone time?

When it came time for him to go to work I cried.  I felt myself getting angry with him for leaving us.  I wanted him to stay home and help me.

He held me and prayed over me and for our day.

Having children has brought both of us closer to God.  We cannot do this without Him.

I am thankful to have a godly husband/father leading our family.  He is strong when I'm falling apart.

And I try to be strong when he is falling apart.  We are a team and we are in this together...all ten of of us.

Today has been a good day.  We've had a few bumps but we have gotten past them together.  My children are speaking kindly to one another even when I know they are frustrated with each other.  I can't even begin to tell you how much good that does this momma's heart.

We are learning to show our love to one another in ways other than just saying I love you.  In ways that matter...how we speak to one another and how we act toward one another.

There are so many of you, some that we don't personally know , who are praying for us constantly.  We cannot say thank you enough.  We need you to carry us through the rough spots.  There are moments when we simply don't have the words to pray, but we know you are standing in the gap and carrying us through with your prayers.

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

Parenting is hard.  It's overwhelming and it's stressful.  It's exhausting and frustrating.

But it's also a dream come true.  It's a blessing and the best job I've ever had.  It's beautiful and it's right.

Children are a gift from the Lord.  
(Psalm 127:3)

 Our quiver is full.
(Psalm 127:5)

1 comment: