Monday, November 14, 2016

A Winter Getaway

I've been thinking about our trip to the Carolinas a lot lately.

We had such a good time.

A week away to forget about work and infertility.

A week away to sleep in, hold hands, and laugh together.  

It was such a care-free week.  

I've missed that feeling and I've been craving another get away like that.  

Time away to connect with my husband without a million distractions.







I guess I'm not the only one feeling like that because last week Andrew suggested a winter vacation right before Christmas.

I immediately began dreaming of warm destinations..Hawaii, New Zealand, maybe a cruise.

All the while Andrew was dreaming of Middle of Nowhere, Montana where the high is only 28 degrees.  

Not exactly on the same page.  

But then he sent me this picture...


How cute is this little town?

He said the words fireplace and skiing and all of the sudden I was on board with this wintery destination.

He's good at that....

Making anything sound like a good idea.

Even freezing my tooshie off in the middle of nowhere.

So now I'm having fun finding clothes that might keep me from slipping into a hyperthermic state.

Like these matching thermals for instance...



Knowing us there will be thirty other ideas discussed before we actually embark on this getaway.

But that's okay.  

Half the fun is in dreaming and planning together.

No comments:

Post a Comment