Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Perfect Weekend A.K.A. The Longest Post

This weekend has been the best one I've had in a long time. The husband got home Friday night. We ran and grabbed some dinner and then spent what was left of the evening in bed watching 12 Angry Men.

Saturday morning we slept in. I ran a few errands once I was up and dressed for the day. I headed to Mardel because I wanted to pick up a copy of Mary Beth Chapman's book, "Choosing to See" I didn't find this book, but I did find one that I cannot wait to read.

This is the true story of a little girl named Audrey. It is written by Angie Smith, the wife of Todd, lead singer for the Christian group Selah. Angie carried her daughter Audry to term after being told that Audrey would never survive.

I know this is going to be a book that breaks my heart and has me in tears, but I just felt drawn to this story.

Anyways... I also picked up a stocking stuffer for the husband while I was out and about. I tell myself every year that I'm going to get all my Christmas shopping done early, yet every year I'm still shopping right before Christmas.

When I got back from my errands Saturday morning I worked on some school stuff while Andrew worked on his guitar project. It was such a beautiful day outside though that I couldn't stand to just sit inside the house all day. Off we went...we didn't have a destination when we got in the car other than to get out of the house.

The husband suggested Ashley's, a local furniture store. We looked around there for awhile and found some dining chairs that I loved. Sadly, we left without them. Our next stop was Target. We strolled around while eating some popcorn, which is all we bought while we there. :) On the way home, we stopped at Furniture Factory Outlet, a store that sales overstock furniture from other places. Typically we are in and out of there in five minutes. Saturday, however, we stumbled across a chair and half that folds out into a twin bed. We've been talking about something for my scrapbook room for awhile. This gives me a good comfy reading chair as well as a place for visitors to sleep.




Saturday night was GAME TIME! Hogs kicked off for the first time this year. We rented it on PPV and I suddenly truly learned the difference between Standard definition and HD.

We enjoyed the game. We ate game day food, nachos, and some of us wore our Hog gear.







Hogs won 44-3!!!

Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church. The husband decided we would drive to Hot Springs and visit Church at Crossgate. WOW! We both LOVED the service. Andrew found some flaws in the music, but that is my musician of a husband. :) It isn't a short drive, but it was a great service. I hope we visit there again. I left feeling renewed.

Being in Hot Springs, the husband treated me to one of my favorites...Dairy Queen. We got it to go and parked outside of Oaklawn. After we ate our lunch we decided to go in and watch some simulcast races. I've never been to the horse track before. We bet on a couple of horses and lost. I have no idea how to pick out a horse! But we had fun.

We spent Sunday night cleaning my room and bringing in my chair. We didn't pick up Saturday when we bought it. It wouldn't exactly fit in the husband's camry.

Monday brought a spur of the moment road trip to Batesville. Andrew found an amp on Craigslist that he wanted. We drove up and had lunch with my fam and then met the amp's owner at river front park. It a was beautiful day. We walked around for a bit and enjoyed the weather and each other's company.


We spent Monday night spray painting my scrapbook desk. We got the boxes painted and moved into my room. I'm so excited. I'm going to finish painting the doors and drawer boxes this week while Andrew is out of town. I also need to pick out the countertop. It should be all finished very soon.

It truly was the perfect weekend. Nothing all that out of the ordinary. Just good quality time with my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Ok girl, I love that over-sized chair. And I can't wait to see your desk all finished with the drawers. Just think about all the things you can create in that space... wow! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the weekend together and I hope the time apart from your man passes by quickly.

    Go Hogs!

    ReplyDelete