Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ten Years


It's official. The plans for my 10 year reunion are in the works. How in the world has it been 10 years already? While it doesn't feel like it was yesterday, it doesn't feel like 10years ago either.

I have mixed feelings about the reunion. With facebook being what it is a reunion almost seems pointless. We've all stayed connected or reconnected through FB. Part of me is really looking forward to actually seeing everyone in person and catching up with those few who don't have FB.

But part of me suffers from that vain feeling that they make movies about. Scenes from Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion are running through my head. I don't feel like I have anything to prove to anyone. I just know I'm a different person now than I was then. I would assume that we all are.

The reunion is scheduled for May so I have plenty of time to decide if I want to go or not. Did you go to your reunion? Good or bad experience?

2 comments:

  1. I say go and have fun! We went to mine in 2008 and Matt's last year. We had a good time at both and can at least now say we went! No regrets! I think you should go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to my 10-year, and like you said, since facebook keeps us all connected, it felt rather pointless. And the people who I really wanted to see weren't there anyway. So I don't know. I told myself I wouldn't go to any more.

    ReplyDelete