Monday, March 7, 2011

Tuesday Tunes: Winter Jam 2011

Thought I would do something a little different today for Tuesday Tunes. Instead of picking just one song to share with you, I want to share with you about a concert the husband and I went to Saturday night.




Our oldest nephew, Tyler, tagged along with us. He and Andrew are concert buddies!! Very rarely does one go to a concert without the other one.

Winter Jam is a great concert of several different Christian artist joined by speaker Tony Nolan. It is general admission for $10 every year. Loads of fun!!

This was my 2nd Winter Jam. I have been looking forward to it for awhile, ever since I learned that Francesca Battistelli was going to be there.

The night opened with Joseph Castro. I'm sure those of you watch American Idol know who he is. I only know one song by him. Being the first act, he only played three or four songs.

He was followed by Chris August. I recently bought his cd and I'm enjoying it. You can still get one of his songs, Starry Night, free at KLOVE. Check it out here if you haven't already.

These guys were followed by Newsong and then a band called Red. I wasn't that crazy about either one of these artist. Red was LOUD!!! Just not my kind of music. The guys loved them though.

Next up was my main reason for wanting to go to Winter Jam.


Francesca Batistelli!! She was so stinkin' cute. I loved her outfit. There are very few people who can pull off that kind of look.

David Crowder Band was also one of the performers. We had never seen them before. They did a couple of their popular songs. Half way through their act, he mentioned that he was from Texas.


Wrong thing to say in Arkansas. We might have possibly booed DCB. Their little story continued and then they asked us to call the hogs. Of course, we obliged.


Not the best picture, but that's a whole lot of people calling those Hogs.

Back to the music....I was so excited that DCB played my favorite song that they do. It isn't one you would expect. I LOVE their version of I Saw The Light. They played it and I'll Fly Away. I was thrilled.

I found this video from Winter Jam in NC this year.



The night ended with Kutless and Newsboys.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed in Kutless. I really like their music. I just expected more from their show.

Newsboys, however, was awesome. It was a great ending to the night. At one point they were all raised into the air on different platforms. The drummer was on a round platform that raised into the air and then began to til. It tilted until it was completely vertical. As if that wasn't enough, it started spinning.



It was amazing night. I'm so glad that we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment