Monday, July 25, 2011

Eighty-nine and Thirty

Andrew and I had a wonderful weekend. It was filled with family, at least for me it was. The original plan was to join my parents in Branson, Missouri on Thursday for a couple of days. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. The cabin they rented wasn't exactly what they expected and there wasn't really going to be room for us.

Friday, I sat around the house for awhile trying to decide what I wanted to do. Part of me wanted (and needed) to go work in my classroom. The other part of me wanted to head to the mall and do shopping. That's the part of me that one.

Forever 21 is one of my favorite stores. I can find cute things for a good price. Friday was no exception. I've really been trying to build my wardrobe for the upcoming school year. For the past several months, I've had the rule if I can't wear it to work, I'm not going to buy it. I broke that rule Friday. I bought two shirts and a dress. I have to tell you I'm absolutely giddy about my dress. I think with leggings and boots it will be SUPER cute this fall!!!



While I was at the mall, my brother called. He was in town and wanted to have dinner. We had some yummy burgers at Five Guys. Andrew didn't get off work in time to join us. :(. We sat there and talked forever. I miss my brother.


Saturday Andrew decided he wanted to play golf. I haven't joined him since he started playing again so I though I would ride along. His tee time was at eleven. It wasn't too bad. However by 2:30 when we still weren't finished, it was stinking hot outside!! The husband definitely got too much sun. He was a bit red, which resulted in him not feeling well for the rest of the night and Sunday morning.


We had a very busy day planned for Sunday, but things slowly fell off the calendar. Andrew and I slept in the living room due to some unfortunate events. We did not get a good night's sleep. That combined with all the sun Andrew got, we did not make it to church.

Mid morning I left him on the couch to rest and I headed north to celebrate my great grandmother's birthday. Granny Taylor turned 89 on Friday. She is my daddy's mom's mom. :) I love her! She gets around very well. I hope I get around half as well as she does when I'm that age. Shoot, I hope I live to be her age. She is an awesome fun lady.




It was nice to see some family members that I don't get to see very often.




My little cousin, Pheobe. She's adorable!





Cousins


Sunday was also my parent's anniversary. They have been married 30 years, which is awesome. I couldn't have asked for two better parents. They love one another and have always showed my brother and I what a good marriage looks like. They taught us that marriages are meant to last forever.

While visiting with my Mommom, I snapped some pictures of my parent's wedding pictures.


I love this picture of my Momma. I think her dress is beautiful. I was able to try it on while planning my own wedding. A memory I will cheris forever!


My Daddy


Mom and Dad with Mom's family.


Daddy with his parents...I love my Granny's dress.

And here are my parents now...still as beautiful and in love as they were thirty years ago when they said I do.


While I was looking at pictures I found Mommom and Granddad's wedding picture. Yes, my grandmother wore black on her wedding day. She didn't care. She was in love. During our visit I heard all about how my grandad was a near perfect man. Makes me smile. Wish I could have known him.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to find out when the Inviting Company has their big sale! I need to make a trip to LR!!

    Love all the old wedding pictures of your parents and your grandparents!! Priceless!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete