Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Friends

Last night Andrew and I had dinner with some new friends. We met them Sunday at church during those awful few minutes where you are instructed to greet the people around you. I hate those few minutes. For Little Miss Social, I'm sure it's great. For me...not so much.

Either way our new friends, Jim & Katherine, were sitting in front of us at church. We shook hands and exchanged pleasantries. They are going to be hosting a community group in the fall and are seeking couples to join them.

Jim & Andrew have been emailing with one another this week working out the details leading us to dinner together last night.

I wasn't really looking forward it. I'm a bit of an introvert. Making conversation with people I know isn't always easy. Making conversation with complete strangers is next to impossible for me.

It turned out to be a lot of fun. Katherine is Little Miss Social. Talking to her was easy. They've been married five years and have no kids. They have two dogs who are like their kids. We found lots to talk about it. The conversation was easy and it flowed.

The boys talked too. About what, I don't know. I was way too involved in my conversation with Katherine.

I love friends. Sometimes it seems like we are the only non-newlywed couple without kids left. I wonder if there are other people out there in the same stage of life. And by choice.

They are hosting a little get together for the couples who might be in the community group in the fall. I'm looking forward to meeting the other couples and making some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment