Wednesday, August 8, 2012

He Never Lets Go

The first text came last night.  Someone was praying for me this week.

The second text came today.  Someone was praying for me.

Nothing serious is going on.  Haven't shared any big prayer request with anyone lately.

Worry sank in.  Why did people need to pray.  Was a big test or some sort of hardship on the way?

Driving home from work a song came on the radio.  It was a song that is very familiar.  Not a new song.  Have heard it many times.  Have sang it many times.


Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

There in the car on the way home, I just broke down.  God used that song today to remind me that He is with me.  In the highs, in the lows.  In every day life, God is with me.

When things are going good and I'm living my everyday mundane life, I sometimes forget that God is in even that.

Today I was reminded of how much He loves me.  Of how much He care about me. Of how much He gave up for me.

No matter how far or fast I try to run sometimes.  No matter how much kicking or screaming I do.  God never lets go.  He never stops loving me.

And He never stops loving you.  There is nothing you can do to earn that love.  There is nothing you can do to stop that love.  God loves you because God is LOVE.  He gave his only son to die a painful and humiliating death for YOU and for ME.

That is so powerful.

I once heard in a Bible study that the gospel is just as much for Christians as it is for sinners.  I need to remember where and what God saved me from.  I need to remember that I need God's love, mercy, and grace just as much today as I did then.

Thankful that He NEVER lets go!!

1 comment:

  1. Had to learn a new (old) song for a funeral a week ago - Peace Be Still, the Father loves you...Peace be still, the Father loves you. And no matter where you are, or where you've been - I am sure He wants you to know -
    He won't let go.

    I just reread this post and I thought - oh my goodness - it IS that song!

    ReplyDelete