Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Susie Homemaker

Okay so I probably don't qualify as a Susie Homemaker quite yet, but we're moving in the right direction here at the Weaver house.

Something I didn't mention about my trip to Virginia was the huge blessing that I came home to.  Liberty has been having some issues with her paw, so the husband took her to the vet right after I left on my trip.  It was nothing serious but she was on some type of medicine that she had to take 3 times a day for a week.  AKA -- Big Pain.  The husband ended up having to leave on a business trip the next day leaving our sweet sister & nephews to take care of Lib for us.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate them going over three times a day to feed her, let her to use the bathroom, and give her the meds.  Huge blessing to have family that are willing to help out like that.

But that's not the blessing I'm talking about.  While she was here, Joy Beth cleaned our house.  I'm sure she couldn't stand to go anywhere near it as it was pretty gross. :)

I had asked the husband to please clean up before he left because I knew people would have to come over to take care of Lib.  When I asked if he had cleaned, his answer was "kinda".

The first thing I noticed when I got home was the kitchen.  I thought, man he did a good job for "kinda".  Then I noticed our floors were all shiny and clean.  I knew it was Joy Beth when I saw that even the baseboards were clean!! :)

I immediately text her and asked if she had cleaned.  She just wanted to be a blessing for us.  And she SO was.  I cried all day that day as I looked around my newly cleaned home.  I was and still am so thankful that she did that for us.

It presented the perfect time to find a cleaning schedule and stick to it.  I found three or four on pinterest and merged them into a schedule that fit our house.  30 minutes a day Monday - Friday.  I can handle that.

My sweet husband helped me tonight.  He actually started on tomorrow's list while I did today's list.  Pray we can keep this up.  We do not like cleaning.

I've decided this is both the easiest and hardest time to clean.  It's easy because things are clean and it doesn't take long.  It's hard because I look around and think it is already clean so why should I clean it. Ha!!

So far we are two days in and it really isn't that bad.  We'll see how I do once I'm back at work in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment