Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Little of This and a Little of That

I have so many things I've been wanting to blog about lately, but it's the first week of school.  I'm either being a busy bee or sleeping soundly.

I didn't have my room completely finished and ready to go until Saturday night.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.  I strongly believe that your classroom should be an enjoyable place.  Not only for students, but we teachers spend quite a bit of time there.  I want it to be a happy place.  If you are interested in seeing my room you can check it out over at my teaching blog.

Not only is this the first week of school which is always crazy busy and chaotic, but I somehow added to the craziness of it all.  My friend and I are planning on taking another big trip this year with students.  We are going to California this year and couldn't be more excited.  This means we have hit the ground running with fundraisers.  That means a dance Friday night.

On top of it all, the hubby has been gone since Friday.  Though he doesn't really "do" anything, I miss not having him here my first week of school.  He is my biggest supporter and it's hard when he is gone.

We are going to have a very exciting weekend when he comes home.  Saturday we are driving a couple hours north to adopt a new puppy.  We will have a little boy again.  This is our sweet boy.


Sweet boy is tiny.  He is around 6 weeks old and weighs about 5 pounds.  We are not sure about a name yet.  We are those people who want to meet him and spend some time with him first.  His current name happens to start with an L.  We know for sure that he will be an LB!  I cannot wait to go pick him up and love on him.

Switching back to school...I am LOVING teaching English.  I almost feel sorry for my students because I am so stinkin' excited about it.  I had the best time today reading with them and talking about books.  When I stop and remember that I get paid to do that I tear up.  God has truly blessed me with my dream job.

I have a student who is already trying to convince me to read Harry Potter.  He is so stinkin' sweet, it makes me want to read it.  It might be next on my reading list after I finish the series I'm currently working on.

I had my first manicure last week before school started.  I did regular nail polish the first go around.


Though I loved them, the polish didn't last long at all before it was chipping off.  It was driving me crazy so I went back and tried shellac.



Can you tell I'm obsessed with the fad of having a "different" finger.  Love the pink shellac.  It is holding up really well.  And the best part is that I have stopped biting my nails.  Yay!!


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment