Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring is in the Air

We enjoyed some beautiful weather last week.  I loved every minute of it.  I would come home from work and Andrew would have our windows open letting a cool breeze flow through our house.


Our flowers and trees are really starting to bloom.  They are beautiful.





We've enjoyed sweet family time in our porch swing.




We have been buying a new yard game each week in preparation for our upcoming porch party.  The first one we bought was bocce ball.  A yard game I had never heard of until recently.


We have spent almost every afternoon playing.   It has become our new favorite past time.




Andrew has gone flag crazy.  He has ordered so many flags that I've lost count.  Flags are arriving at our house almost daily.


I think the 9/11 flag is my favorite.  Maybe because it represents a piece of history that I lived through and remember.

One thing is for sure - I've learned more about flags in the past couple of weeks than I ever knew was possible.


I have to admit though, they look pretty good flying on the house.






Andrew may or may not have a spreadsheet listing when we fly what flag.

He's a bit of a spreadsheet nerd.  :)

But hey, we all have our quirks.


My brother and I decided that we wanted to take some new family pictures for Mom for Mother's Day.  We haven't had any taken since he and Melissa got married.

Sunday seemed to be the only time we could all get together so we endured the windy day for a few good pictures.

We used a tripod and our remote to take them ourselves.  Who needs a photographer?





I love this pic of all six of us, but it cracks me.  When Seth was still a teenager he came home with a mohawk one time.  Daddy wasn't too fond of Seth's new hairstyle and Seth ended up with a shaved head.  Because of the wind Daddy looks like he has a mohawk in this picture.

Cracks me up!

The matching spouses is also funny to me.  I told Andrew that morning that I felt like a Duggar in our matching outfits.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment