Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Trust

And I say, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest;
yes, I would wander far away; 
I would lodge in the wilderness; 
I would hurry to find a shelter from the raging wind and tempest."

Psalm 55:6-8

Much like David wanted to run away from his enemy, there are many days I want to run away from infertility.  I want it to just be over.  Some days that's a desire to finally hold my baby in my arms and some days it's a desire for the longing for a baby to disappear, to be content and no longer have that desire to hold a baby.

But.

Later in that very same Psalm David says "But I will trust in you." (verse 23)


Father, I trust you.  I trust you today when I'm feeling hopeful and I trust on on those days when the pain feels more than I can bear and I want to run away from it all.  I trust you because no one loves me more. 

No one loves you more than your Heavenly Father.

Trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment