Sunday, June 16, 2019

Will Travel for Cheese

Before I dive into tales of lost luggage and cheese curds, let's answer a few of your questions.

I love that y'all are interested in our little RV adventure.  We absolutely loved it and cannot wait to do it again.

We booked our RV on May 10 and picked it up on May 25.  We pretty much made the decision and then started packing.

The deal that we did is called the Factory Delivery Deal.  It's a way for companies like Cruise American to get their RVs into place at different dealers before peak season.  There are three locations you can pick up your RV from with this  deal - Toronto, Chicago, or Hastings,MN which is where we chose to start our adventure. 

There are several options to choose from for your final destination.  However, depending on the time of year there may be fewer options because again they want the majority of their RVs in place before peak season.

When I wrote my last post about our trip there were still lots of destinations to choose from.  Today as I write this there are only four options.

You can click here to see the current options.

If you look at those options you will see that there is a window of time for you to have the RV.  You must pick it up by a certain date and then drop it off by a certain date.

We obviously chose to have the RV for the maximum time possible.

Now on to the first leg of our trip.

I had a workshop the day we were to depart so as soon as I could get home, we loaded up the dogs and headed out.  The LBs stay at a local doggie day care that they love.





I love this particular doggie resort because they post pictures daily of the dogs.  I am totally that dogmom who checks up on her furbabies while I'm away.

Knowing they are in good hands helps me to relax and enjoy our trip.

On to the airport we went.




We had a short layover in Dallas.  It was during this time that we realized our second bag, which contained Andrew's clothes, was more than likely not going to make it to Minneapolis when we did. 

I was taking it in stride.  It could be worse.  At least we were staying at the hotel attached to the airport.  We would just pick it up the next morning before we left. 

And then our one bag came shooting down the luggage thing-a-ma-jig. 

It wasn't my bag.

It was Andrew's bag.

Suddenly it was harder to take it in stride.  HA!

The next morning Andrew went over and picked it up.  I had my clothes for the day with me in my carry-on so I got as ready as I could until he returned with my bag. 



I was ever so happy to be reunited with my bag.



I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and did my makeup in about ten minutes.

We took an uber from the hotel to the place we would pick up our RV.

We were already excited but seeing all those RVs in the parking lot definitely ramped up the excitement.






Once the guy showed us around the RV and Andrew got all of our equipment set up we were ready to hit the open road.







We didn't go far before we stopped at Wal-Mart to stock up on groceries and all the things we would need for the RV.

Our goal for the day was to make it to our first campground in Marquette, Michigan.

I didn't ask for much on this trip but the very first thing I requested when we had a general idea of where we were going was to eat cheese in Wisconsin.

So that's what we did.












We also stopped to dip our toes in Lake Superior.

Let me just tell you that was the coldest water my toes have ever been in.

I was screaming at Andrew to hurry up and take the dang picture!!






It was pretty late when we finally made it to our campground, but we made it.

We got set up and got our bags unpacked.

Andrew made us a delicious dinner.


Grilled cheese sandwiches made with that Wisconsin cheese and tomato soup.

We ate it up and then it was time for sleep.

We had another big day ahead of us.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun & different way to vacation- definitely an adventure!! I could get down with that grilled cheese and soup though :)

    ReplyDelete