Friday, January 28, 2011

Locks of Love & More

Wow!! It feels like forever since I've let you in on what's going on with us Weavers on this blog. See, I'm doing Project 365 again this year, but instead of scrapbooking it I'm blogging it. So even though I haven't posted here in awhile, I've been blogging about our day to day lives. It makes it hard to put it here, because I feel like I'm being repetitive.

But since I haven't told you yet, let me fill you in on what's been going on in our lives this past week. Tuesday night I had the honor of keeping my niece, Amelia.

The evening started off smoothly. Amelia was showing me her house (cardboard box) so Jill snuck out. We played for probably a minute before Amelia realized Jill had left. She instantly went over to the front door and started trying to turn the doorknob.

Ummmm....break Aunt E's heart!! Then came the tears. The tears went from just a few drops to full out screaming her little head off very quickly. This went on for the first hour. Baby Fever....Cured! J/K! The girl had three shots and no nap. I'd be emotional too! We finally sat down and watched her praise video. It was the only thing that stopped the crying, plus I kinda like her all snuggled up next to me.

Once she calmed down she said the best thing EVER!! AUNT E! Every time she said it I would just smile and laugh and tell her to say it again. Music to my ears.

Of course as soon as Jill came home she was all smiles and was being silly. Girl just needed her Momma!

Before I went to keep Amelia Tuesday afternoon I went to the salon and had all my hair cut off. I woke up Tuesday morning and decided that I couldn't deal with any longer. Basically I was having a bad hair day, an acne bomb had exploded on my face, and I was feeling very pale. The hair was the only thing I could fix instantly. Andrew's wasn't too thrilled about it since he likes my hair long, but he knew the day was coming. So after school I drove over the salon and told them I wanted 10 inches gone and after that I didn't care, just make it cute.

It feels so much better. Andrew had to go out of town so he hasn't seen it down and fixed. He'll get used to it...and then it will be long again. I'm donating it to locks of love. I feel so blessed that I can do this. I was looking at pictures of recipients on their website and just started crying. It's such a little thing, but I know it is going to be a big blessing to someone.

Oh and in between the salon and keeping Amelia a strange cat got in our house. It was laying by the front door when I got home. I had my hands full and though I tried to stop it, it followed me anyways. It immediately went under our bed. Took me 10 minutes to get that stupid cat out of my house. Sorry cat lovers, but you know I'm a dog lover.

Last night I sat in the gym all night. My 7th graders have been asking me to come watch them play basketball since October. Last night was the first time they played at home. Since Andrew was out of town I figured it the perfect time for me to go. I watched both 7th grade teams and both Jr. High teams. We lost all the games except Jr. Boys. They played a very exciting game and won.

Tonight was a blast. I was able to get together for dinner with my little brother, my BFF from high school and her husband, our band director from high school, and Jennifer and her girls. Jennifer happens to be both my friend and Madison's (band director) niece. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if the husband and Jen's husband could have joined us. They work together and are both out of town for a couple of days. Boo!!

It was good to see Mandy, my BFF and Madison again. It's been forever!! I really enjoyed visiting with Jen too. Up until now it's been like we were just facebook/blog friends. We've never been able to just hang out. We are a lot alike in several different ways. She is such a sweet women and friend. Her girls are absolutely precious. Peyton kept telling me I had water on my head and Dr. Pepper on my chin. I'm still trying to figure out what that means.

Laila sat by me and kept trying to touch my leg. She was playing shy. If I looked at her or tried to talk to her should would turn away. I couldn't talk her into taking a picture with me but she was too cute.

And baby Mika was just as happy as could be. Don't you just love her big blue eyes.

It was a good meal with even better company.

So that's been our week. Busy but fun! I have a ton of papers to grade this weekend, but I plan on getting some scrapbooking and shopping done too.

Hope you have a great weekend!


  1. Dinner was so fun! We absolutely need to hang out more often. And Peyton always comes up with the weirdest things.... I have just decided that I will never figure out what she is talking about. Ha!

    I love your haircut. It is very cute!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

  2. Love your hair!!! The style is perfect for you. I love to donate to Locks of Love. Such a great cause.

  3. I can't believe she cried the first hour. Seriously...I felt so bad for YOU! LOL I'm thankful that you're willing to keep her again someday. :)

    Love all of the pics and I love that you gave your hair to Locks of Love. Such a great organization!