Monday, January 23, 2012

A Shining Light

I think there are a lot people out there who believe God is no longer in public schools. They think our government has the power to remove Him from public schools.

People can be ignorant sometimes.

First of all no man made law has the ability to take God out of anything. He is there in those public schools whether people want to acknowledge it or not. Personally, I praise Him for being in those public schools. I work in one.


I am extremely blessed to work in a place where God is not only acknowledged, but welcomed. I'm blessed to work for a boss who quotes/uses scripture on a regular basis with students, parents, and faculty without hesitation. I'm blessed to work for a boss who prays for her school and community. I am blessed to work with a group of people who meet once a month to pray for each other and for our students.

In Matthew 5:14, God tells us that we are the light of the world. We are to let our light shine and not hide it. I'll confess that I work in an environment that makes it easy to let my light shine. I am so thankful that I can openly discuss my faith with my students.

There are so many people who are persecuted for even owning a copy of God's Word, let alone sharing about it. I pray for those people and beg you to join me in that prayer. That type of persecution is something that as a Christian in the United States, I can't even fathom. The worst I deal with is someone disagreeing with me. My life isn't threatened because of my belief in God.


Today one of my student's allowed her light to shine. Every once in awhile I'll reward my students with some music while we work. The rule is if I have never heard the song, we can't listen to it. Today a young lady in one of my math classes was begging me to listen to her new favorite song. She wanted to listen to At Your Name by Phil Whickam. No way could I resist that one. She proudly played her song and we had a little praise session right there in math class while working on congruent figures. It was GREAT!!!


I'm telling you, God has really been moving through HGS this year. He has done some amazing things. I've watched him turn ashes to beauty. I wish I could even begin to share with you the things I've been blessed to witness this year. They can all be summed up in the fact that God is good. Always!




Now I stand on solid ground, and I will publicly praise the LORD.


Psalm 26:12

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog today!
    You are such a beautiful couple! Sounds like you are truly blessed where you work!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school I work at, we can't even celebrate Valentine's Day! When you take "Christ" out of Christmas...I think that is what is wrong with our world today!
    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete