Sunday, January 8, 2012

Up, Up, and Away

Yesterday was the big day. I woke up excited to go flying with the husband. Of course the closer we got to the flying center the more nervous I got. I really do not enjoy flying.

We thought we would do some debriefing down on the ground, fly for 30 minutes or so, and then more debriefing on the ground. That's not what happened at all. As soon as we got there our instructor took us out to the plane.


We climbed in and got all buckled up. Andrew and the instructor went through a pre-flight checklist and started contact with the control tower. I had the biggest smile on my face during all this. I knew Andrew was loving every minute and that made me a happy wife.

The control tower gave us permission for take off and we were on our way. It was a little scary at first, but it didn't take long for me to relax and enjoy the flight. We had a bit of turbulence which I was not a fan of at all.

I enjoyed seeing God's creation from a new perspective. It was beautiful. I would LOVE to go during the fall when the leaves are changing colors. Our instructor flew us out to Petit Jean so we could circle around the waterfall. Though I loved seeing the waterfall, I was not a fan of the circling. That plane was way too slanted for my preference.
After he circled the waterfall a couple of times he asked Andrew if he knew which way Little Rock was. Apparently lots of people get up there and don't know which direction home is. Andrew said he knew the way and then proceeded to fly us home. Our instructor took back over when we got close so that he could land the plane.



I actually really enjoyed the flight. I think it was because I knew Andrew was loving it. It is something I would definitely do again.




But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.


Isaiah 40:31

3 comments:

  1. SO FUN!!! And an awesome gift. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you and Andrew got to do that and enjoyed it. It's so fun to make our men happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, did you buy flight lessons for Andrew for Christmas? Will you be doing more of this? Josh often talks about wanting to take flying lessons and get a pilots license.

    ReplyDelete