Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Tuesday Friends!

I have so much going on on this beautiful Tuesday so this post is going to be a bit random.

** Today my parents are celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary.  I am so thankful for them and the example they've set for my brother and I.  They've loved each other through good and bad.    They are two very special people and I wish them many more years together.


** I found this great idea on Pinterest.  Okay so I found lots of great on Pinterest, but this one is my latest favorite find.  Ironing fabric onto the wall.  It is so stinkin' easy!!!  I'm in awe of the possibilities that this just opened up.   My classroom walls may be covered with fabric now that I know this.  Yesterday I ironed this little goodbye above my door.



** I have a new nephew as of this morning.  Baby Will is here and he and Momma are doing well. He is absolutely adorable.  I cannot wait to meet him and love on him.



** Miranda and I are doing a long distance study of the book Not A Fan by Kyle Idleman.  We are three chapters in and I think I can safely say God using this book to draw both of us closer to Him. It is amazing how He is already working in this.

Miranda and I have never met.  We are blog friends.   I discovered her blog through a link up Kelly did one time for small business.  Miranda has been my blog designer and friend ever since.  We have really gotten to know each other over the past few weeks as we embarked on this study together.  It is amazing how similar our stories are.  We both seem to be struggling with the same things in our walk with God.  We had no idea, but God did.  He brought us together and led us to this study.

I'm working on a post about this study entitled..."I want to be like the prostitute".  Interesting huh?

**Since it is Tuesday, you need a tune.

Andrew and I looked like a couple of bobble heads Sunday morning at church.  The sermon was so good.  It hit me straight in the gut and we found ourselves nodding along with the pastor throughout the entire sermon.  We are doing a series called Playlist where we are studying the Psalms.  This past Sunday we found ourselves in Psalm 57.

There were a few things that weren't new to me, but like I said hit me right in the gut.
  - This life is not His chance to glorify me.  It's my chance to glorify Him.  I am here for Him.  he    is not here for me.

 - Like David, we should not measure by what other people would do when making a decision.  We should measure by what god would do.

- Death is a transition, not an end.


Surely he took up our pain

    and bore our suffering, 
yet we considered him punished by God, 
    stricken by him, and afflicted. 
But he was pierced for our transgressions, 
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed. 


Isaiah 53:4-5


No comments:

Post a Comment