Monday, July 16, 2012

Loving the Maxi

Maxi dresses seem to be so popular lately and I love them!  I have been envious of tall girls who could pull it off.  At only 5'3" I didn't think there was anyway I could do it.  So I did what any girl would do, I consulted twitter.  After some positive feedback I decided to finally just try one on.  Trying things on doesn't hurt anything....except my bank account.

I now own four maxi dresses!  I'm so in love with them.  They are so stinkin' comfortable and I'm thinking they are going to be great for school.  I sit on desk a lot while having discussions with my students.  I'm in the floor a lot doing science labs.  Shorter dresses are not always conducive to my work environment.

Here is one today that I can't wait to have an excuse to wear.  Can't wear it to school, but that's okay.


(Ignore the weird face I'm making)

I sent a pic of it to the husband to get his opinion.  He responded with "Yoko".  Not sure if that is good or bad.  That's how he and I shop together.  He says shopping with me is awful!  He hates standing in a women's clothing store while I try things on.  Guess I understand that.  But I like to get his opinion.  So I shop and text him pictures.  Works!

I've also decided I'm going to become the Queen of Cardigans.  I have so many sleeveless dresses and tops that I love but can't wear to school because they are sleeveless.  No more.  I'm just going to own a cardigan in every color of the rainbow and then some.

My wardrobe has grown quite a bit this summer.  I'm ready for school to start just so I have a place to go where I can dress up and wear cute clothes. I don't see the point in dressing up to sit at home.  I'm doing good if I'm out of pjs before the husband gets home from work.  It's been jeans and a tshirt all summer.  Ready to dress girly again.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I am really out of the US fashion trend loop, but I have not heard of Maxi dresses. This one looks cute on you though!

    ReplyDelete