Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Work

If we are friends on facebook, I'm sure you are tired of hearing about and seeing all the things related to my classroom.  I've been a pretty busy girl lately.  Someone even asked the other day if I worked all summer.  It made me laugh.

I love my job.  I've wanted to teach ever since I can remember.  It is something I believe God has called me to do.  This upcoming year I'm going to be able to teach literacy for the first time and I have to say I have never been so excited about teaching.  I get absolutely giddy when I think about getting to read books, discuss them with my students, and instill a love for reading in my 7th graders.  As silly as it is, it brings tears to my eyes.  I'm THAT excited.

I do enjoy my summers.  Andrew is pretty adamant that summers are mine and I should take a break.  He doesn't ever want me to get burned out.  He understands that I need that time for me and he wants me to take full advantage of it.  But at the same time, he understands how much I love my job and that when I'm crafting for my classroom, it is fun for me.

That's what I've been doing. Crafting for my classroom.  I've decided pinterest is a drug and I need a major intervention.  There are so many amazing things that I have found that I want to make for my classroom.  I keep telling people at some point I have to stop and do the important stuff like lesson plans.

And I have done a little bit of those.  They are much more enjoyable when you can plan a lesson here and there and not feel like you HAVE to sit down and do it all at once.  That's why I work through summer.  I know August will be here before I know it and I don't want to wait until then to start trying to figure out what I'm teaching.

I haven't blogged a lot about it here because I have a teaching blog now.  I try to keep all classroom related things there.  I do plan to give you a quick tour of the classroom once it is finished.

I'm sure you won't be surprised to find that my room is going to be decked out in bright colors & owls.  There will be no doubt that I'm the crazy owl lady. :)


2 comments:

  1. All those things you are crafting will speak volumes to your students - far more than your words. They will know you care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok.. one-I wish u could decorate my classroom! I bet hours is looking so great! I'm still trying to collect stuff just to fill up space. Two- I have barely started thinking about lesson plans or anything school involed yet. I need your motivation!

    ReplyDelete