Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas: Weaver Style

With the move coming up soon (just days away) we decided not to put our Christmas tree up this year.  We had piddled around and then didn't see the point in putting it up for a couple of weeks just to take it down again.  

With no tree, I have struggled to get into the Christmas spirit.  

Our Christmas celebrations started on Sunday.  We had dinner, opened a few gifts, and enjoyed the company of some of Andrew's family.  

Andrew received a boat from his Uncle Kevin & Aunt Sandi.  We got a good laugh out of that.


I posted here about early portraits at Uncle Kevin's.  Here is our 2012 Christmas picture. 






The husband with his brothers.  


 This is my niece, Jessica.  Love getting to spend time with her.  She's a sweetheart.


Christmas Eve, we got up and headed to north to Mommom's.   More good food, presents, and family time.

I love that my fam can be silly and have fun.












Some family portraits...









 Sawyer requested a portrait by himself. :)



We headed to my parent's house after we finished at Mommom's.  


Mom pulled out a box of stuff from when Seth and I were growing up.  While we were going through it and laughing, she mentioned Seth's band uniform was still in his closet. 

Oh my Goodness!  I couldn't resist putting it on reliving a few good laughs from my band days.



This morning we got up and had breakfast.  I made these sausage things I found on Pinterest. My friend, Traci, had made them and said they were a big hit at her house.  Pinterest did not disappoint.  They were so very yummy.

We headed north to see Andrew's parents after breakfast.  We were only able to stay for a couple of hours before we decided to head back home.  We are definitely bummed that we missed seeing all his sibling, but we made it home just in time.  It has been snowing pretty hard for the past four hours.

Crazy!  I gotta tell ya....I'm not a fan of a white Christmas.  

The husband has to go out of town tomorrow.  It will be his last trip for his current employer.  

Back to the snow...we're pretty sure Lincoln Baxter LOVES the snow.  We put them out to use the bathroom earlier and he came back in SOAKING WET!  He must have rolled around in it.  Crazy little dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment