Monday, June 9, 2014

Our Mini Vacation

Saturday morning Andrew and I packed up and hit the road for a mini vacation in Branson.


I was especially excited for this weekend together because A is getting ready for a lengthy business trip.  I already miss him.  

As soon as we arrived in Branson we hit the outlet mall.  I was on a mission to find something to wear for family pictures in Destin later this summer.  I found a few good deals but nothing for pictures.

No worries though, I found something that was perfect that evening at Branson Landing.

We haven't been to Branson since 2004 so Branson Landing was new to us.  It is such a fun place for some evening shopping and dinner.  The weather was perfect.  



Sunday morning we woke up bright and early.  It was the whole reason for the trip.  We went to watch The Legends of Golf tournament.  For those of you who are not golf enthusiasts, that translates to old men playing golf.  HA!

I can't even tell you how excited my husband was to go this event.  

The course is absolutely beautiful.  Andrew actually played this course ten years ago on our last vacation to Branson.  They have added quite a bit of new things since then like this driving range.


They also added a chapel that was exquisite. 
 .  It pretty much made me want to get married all over again.  Maybe we can renew our vows here someday.





They held a worship service in the chapel Sunday morning but sadly we didn't make it there on time.  Parking and getting to the course took longer than we had anticipated.


The first thing A did when we got there was buy a flag for the players to autograph.  By the time we left that afternoon he had collected quite a few autographs and was a very happy man.


I know he's had a good day when he asks me to take his picture for facebook.  HA!

He was like a kid at Christmas all day.


Gary Player was a hoot.  At first he told A he wasn't signing for him because he had already signed for him.  They joked about A having a twin at the tournament.


I tried to get a picture of Jack Nicklaus signing A's flag but he attracts a bit of a crowd.


If you look closely you can see that A is holding his flag.  At this point Mr. Nicklaus has signed his flag and A is waiting for his sharpie back.  A got the first autograph of the day from Mr. Nicklaus and never got his sharpie back. 

Getting Bernhard Langer's autograph.




Sometimes you had to jog to keep up with the golfers while they signed your flag.

Watching all these grown chase after men for autographs was comical to say the least.  I would just follow along laughing.  One man would say there's so and so  and then a whole flock of them would take off after the autograph.

At one point A assigned me the job of keeping an eye on Nick Faldo so that we didn't miss the opportunity to ask for his autograph.  

I'm pleased to say that I successfully completed my mission and A got his autograph.

I know I know...wife of the year.  LOL!

I've never seen A be so timid as when he was asking for autographs.  

It was cute. :)

I even received a golf ball from Doug Tewell's caddy.

Confession.  I don't know who Dough Tewell is.

I didn't know who half those guys were.

But I knew my husband was having the time of his life.

So I enjoyed every minute of it....right up until it started raining late in the afternoon. 

Thankfully we had great weather for the better part of the day.

Late afternoon I was wet and cold and spent.  We grabbed some dinner and headed back to the hotel to crash for the night.

We came back home to our sweet LBs this morning.  Thank you Sinclair for taking care of them while we were gone. 






3 comments:

  1. Loved reading about your trip. You know A well - that's right up his alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely wife of the year honors!

    ReplyDelete