Tuesday, June 17, 2014

While the Husband is Away...

Andrew has been gone since last Wednesday.  Needless to say I am more than ready for my man to come home.  It gets lonely being here all day and all night alone.  I know he is ready to be home too.  He works hard!

While he has been away I've driven his new work truck. Okay so I just moved it out of the driveway to mow the yard, but it was still an adventure.


I mailed our three care packages to soldiers overseas.  I was a little upset/frustrated when I went to mail them because I had just realized that I lost one of the diamond earrings Andrew got me for Christmas several years ago.  When I arrived at the post office they informed that I had to count and list every single thing in all three boxes.  This wouldn't have been a big deal but there were some things that were bought in bulk at Sam's that I had opened.  The boxes they came in took up a lot of room so I put them in ziplock bags so they would easily fit in the care packages.  It took me a bit to count everything which honestly only added to my frustration.  

Then another customer in line asked if I was mailing them to soldiers.  When I said yes he asked to pay for shipping.  That sweet man stood there with me for well over five minutes waiting on the paperwork to be finished and then paid to ship all three boxes.  

It was the sweetest thing.

While we were waiting I was able to tell him about our porch party and how our family put these boxes together.  He told me about his two nephews that had served overseas and were now back home.


I've spent a few hours on the river with my Daddy.




I've worked on projects for my classroom.

I've given the LBs a much needed bath.  That's a workout!

I've gone through old pictures and reminisced and laughed.


So I guess it hasn't been all bad, but I'm still ready for the husband to be home.

1 comment:

  1. You are the sweetest - mailing care packages! I love that - what a blessing it will be!

    ReplyDelete