Sunday, June 1, 2014

1945

One morning a few months ago while I was getting ready I set my phone to shuffle "Christian" music.  I made up my mind to just listen to whatever played that morning.  I needed something new and fresh.  I wanted to worship with an intensity that had honestly been missing.

1945 by Jaime Grace came on.  I'll admit I almost changed it.  It wasn't the worship song I was looking for.  But I continued to listen to it anyway.

-------------------------------------------

Looking at the radio caught up in a dream
'Bout the days gone by when no one had a TV
Hopin' that the weather man would say good things
Like no rain on Friday for the drive in movie

Little kids didn't have a care
There was love growin' up everywhere
But when I open my eyes and the dream stops playin
You can still find me somewhere saying

I shoulda been born in '45
In '54 I woulda been 9
Lovin' my record player by my side
That woulda been nice yeah, that woulda been nice

I should have been born in '45
My first pair of high heels in '59
White shirt, poodle skirt, silk hair tie
Dancing in the moonlight 
That woulda been nice

Ooo Ooh
Oh that woulda been nice
Ooo Ooh

Boombox on my shoulder with my favorite tape
I'm reppin my 8 tracks and my buckle up skates
How do I know about that you say
You say

You wear bell bottom jeans get a double take
From all the guys and the girls who look your way
Back then people didn't always agree
But the love goin round was revolutionary and

Even though the world was crazy
I'd still go if my dreams could take me oh
I should been born in '65
In '74 I would been 9

Tryna' get home after playin outside
Racin' street lights, racin street lights

I should been born in '65
I would been a teenager round'79
Teasing my hair so it looks just right
On a Saturday night, yeah
That woulda been nice

Growin' up I never really had a care
There was love all the time and everywhere
And even though sometimes my world may get a little crazy
I find myself bein proud when I say

I coulda been born in '45
But the truth is I got here right on time
And I thank God for every day of life
It suits me just right, it suits me just right

And lovely 1991
That's the year that I come from
And I wouldn't wanna trade it for another time
I love this life yeah
I love this life

Ooo Ooh
I love this life
Ooo Ooh
I love this life


-----------------------------------------------

By the end of the song I was bawling and lifting my hands in praise.  There have been countless times when I thought I knew exactly when Andrew and I should become parents.  Times when I thought it would be perfect if I was pregnant in that month because then we could announce it this way and the baby would be born in that month and on and on.

God used this song to remind of a BIG truth.  His timing is perfect.  It might have been nice to have my baby come at this time or that but the truth is God will give us our baby right on time and it will be perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment