Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Life Lately

I looked at my calendar yesterday morning only to realize it is already the last week of January.  Crazy!  Where did the month go?

Last week Andrew had to travel to Oklahoma City for work.  Thankfully he only had to be gone one night.  I took advantage of it and had dinner with my Momma and Mommom.  Fun girls night out in the middle of the week.

I also got a little crazy while he was gone preparing for the 100th day of school which was last Thursday.  I made a little treat for each of my students.


It took a little bit of time to put EIGHTY of these things together.

Even with the extra help.




We spent this past weekend in PRIDE (foster/adoption) training.  I wasn't exactly excited about spending 14 hours of my weekend in training, but I really enjoyed it.  The time flew by.  There are three other couples in our class.  Two of us are pursuing adoption and the other two couples plan to foster.  The couples are all so sweet and friendly.  We spent two days getting to know each other.  We laughed together and cried together.  

We had a different teacher each day.  They were both volunteers for The Call and did a fabulous job.  
Throughout the two days we talked quite a bit about permanence and how kids need to feel some permanence in their lives.  Sometimes when a child enters foster care it is very sudden.  They lose all sense of permanence.  Their plans have been torn apart whether those plans are about what they were going to wear on next week's field trip or something more long term.

The teacher asked us to answer a few questions about our plans.  One of the question asked what you hoped to be doing one year for now.  I glanced over at Andrew's paper (not that I was cheating or anything) and he had answered that question "watching football with my sons"

Cue tears!

I love my husband and I absolutely cannot wait to watch him be a daddy.  Pretty sure I fell more in love with him during our training classes as I listened to him answer questions and explain how he would handle certain situations.  I think he is going to be pretty good at this daddy thing.

Our last day of training includes a panel of people who are or have been involved with fostering and adopting.  It will be a Q&A session.  I'm really looking forward to that.  The real life stories are my favorite part of training.  To know that people have walked this same journey and are blessed because of it.


Speaking of Q&A...I thought I would do a blog post answering your quesitons...if you have any that is.  Questions about adoption, braces, teaching, me, our family,...   Ask away in the comments and I will do a post answering the questions I can answer on Feburary 1.  :)





1 comment:

  1. How many children do want to eventually adopt? What ages are you willing to accept? Are there any conditions that you are not willing to accept when it comes to adopting?

    ReplyDelete