Thursday, January 1, 2015

Siesta Sister Memory Team

Last week I stumbled across a post on Beth Moore's blog talking about the Siesta Sister Memory Team (SSMT).  I thought it sounded fun and like a good thing to do.  Earlier this week God brought that blog post back around.  I knew it wasn't only something that sounded good but it was something I needed to do.  

Basically, you choose a verse relevant to you on the 1st and 15th of each month to memorize and meditate on.  You post your verse on Beth's blog.  If you aren't sure which verse to memorize then she shares one that you can choose.  At the end of 2015 you will have memorized 24 scriptures.  

How awesome is that!?!

She holds a celebration in Houston, TX in January 2016 for all the participants.

God gave me my first verse immediately.  Though it wasn't verbal, our conversation went something like this.

God: "Daughter, I want you to commit Habakkuk 3:17-18 to memory.  I want you to study it and meditate on it day and night.

Me (after reading Habakkuk 3:17-18): "That is a great verse and a beautiful promise, God, but I was really hoping for something a little shorter for my first verse."

God: "Daughter, I love you.  This is the verse I have for you.  Trust me."

Me: "I do trust you, but I don't want to get discouraged when I can't memorize my first verse.  Can I please have something a little shorter?"

I searched for something shorter.  I really did.  But no matter what verse I read, God brought me back to Habakkuk.  So I'm trusting him.  I'm committing Habakkuk 3:17-18 to memory.



I am so excited to be a member of the 2015 SSMT.  The ladies in Andrew's family are join me.  As we were all sharing our first verses today I got teary eye.  I just think this is an amazing thing.  Memorizing scripture together.  And I love that we don't all have the same scripture. 

It's not too late for you to join us.

Won't you please consider it.

Here's to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment