Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Life Lately

It's 4:30 in the afternoon.

Andrew and I are laying in bed enjoying our Snow Day.

The dogs are at the foot of the bed.

Other than the hum of the television (that neither one of us is really watching) the house is quiet.



I wrote those thoughts last Thursday.  I can't help but wonder how many "quiet" days with just the two of us we have left.  It's a very bittersweet thought.  I cannot wait until our house is filled with kiddos and silence is a rare thing.  But at the same time I treasure these days of just the two of us.  I thank God for each day we've had together.


Last week we had our fingerprints done for our FBI background checks.  Once those come back our home study will be ordered.  We are told they have 45 business days to complete the home study.  

The home study is our last step before we are declared an open home and can be matched with children.

It's a little crazy to me that in just a few short months we could be meeting our children for the first time.

Parenthood is right around the corner.

I am excited, nervous, scared, happy, and thankful all at the same time.


We bought two twin beds yesterday.  I'm looking forward to getting to know our children and creating the perfect room for them.

This past weekend we attended a two day conference for foster and adoptive parents.



We had such a good time.  There were several families there from our little town so we were able to make some new friends that are going to be a great support system. That might have been my favorite part of the conference.





In one of our breakout sessions a sweet couple with a large family shared one of the ways they stay connected with their older children.  They have Open Mic Nights.  Each night after they put their little ones to bed they put three of their four teens to bed.  The fourth teen gets to stay up and have 30 minutes of one on one time with mom and dad.  I love this idea for any family.  They talked about how these are some of their sweetest and most tender moments with their kids.  I looked at Andrew through tears and said "We are stealing this idea."



1 comment: