Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Three Part Vacation: Part Three - Myrtle Beach

One of my request for our vacation was some beach time.  

So Friday morning we said goodbye to Charleston and headed for the beach.

Of course we woke up at the crack of dawn because the first thing on the agenda was golf.

Seriously...why can't my husband play golf in the afternoon.

Might have something to do with the insane southern heat.


After his round of golf we drove to the beach and grabbed some lunch before heading to our condo.


We had a few sour moments upon arriving at the condo.

Our condo wasn't ready when it was supposed to be and we couldn't check in.

Andrew accidentally left his sunglasses in the bathroom and even though he pretty much went back in immediately they were gone.

But we finally got in our room and were able to go down and take a walk on the beach.

I cannot be at the beach and not be in awe of the God we serve.

And the best part of the beach?





A few of our very favorite people were able to join us.

We were so excited to see Cary and Sara and the kiddos.

We walked down to grab some dinner and ended up at Senor Willie's Taco Shack.

I had the fish tacos and let me just tell you they were the best tacos I've ever had!

If you are ever in North Myrtle Beach, I strongly recommend Senor Willie's.

But before dinner we walked down to the beach.

Will didn't think he was at Myrtle Beach until he was on the beach. :)




We spent all day Saturday on the beach.

I loved every minute of it.


 Loved playing in the ocean with Millie.

Photo Credit - JL and his thumb :)





Cary and Sara headed home Saturday night.  :(

The three kiddos stayed with us.

We woke up early Sunday morning to head home and take them to their grandparents' house.

I felt a little bad waking these sweet babies up.



Not going to lie...it was a long 13 hours home.


But I am so thankful for the memories we made.

Even the memory of one of them getting carsick and throwing up.

I love those three kiddos!

On the way home we drove by August National Golf Course.

Or at least the gate to the golf course.


I can't tell you how excited this made my husband.  Maybe one day he can go watch the Masters.



It was such a great trip.  I needed this vacation more than I even realized.

Sweet times with my best friend.

But we were definitely happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment