Friday, August 22, 2008

Hoping it isn't too late!

Just feeling a little down right now. I just finished the first week of school (which has been chaotic) and feel like my class is just like it was last year. I wanted to be different this year. I wanted to be better. Problem is I don't know how to be different or better? Things are going just like they went last year. Actually I know my problem. I don't want to follow through on any of my threats. If I'm honest with myself I have no idea how to get my students to stop talking. I don't want to actually have to assign sentences or give detention. I guess I just have to. I just hope it isn't too late. Everyone has always told me the first day of school sets the tone for the rest of the year. Well the first day has come and gone. However, Monday will sort of be like the first day. Our entire 7th and 8th grade received new schedules today. My class are all shifted around. Told you it was chaotic. Hopefully it isn't too late. Hopefully I can be different and better on Monday. I just got home from school and I'm already working on plans for next week. Okay - just needed to vent. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment