Saturday, November 21, 2009

Disaster Avoided, Hogs, and Thanksgiving

Disaster almost struck our home this morning. For whatever reason, Andrew and I never bought any cinnamon rolls for our Saturday morning tradition. We woke up this morning with not a single cinnamon roll in the house. What would we do?? Going without was not an option. No worries... my sweet sweet husband got up and ran to Burger King. He brought me two orders of ciniminis. Yummy!! Disaster avoided. Saturday tradition of Cinnamon rolls continues.

We finished our cinnamon rolls just in time to watch our Hogs beat Mississippi State. Go HOGS!!!! Now hoping to keep the boot in Arkansas next week when we play LSU.

I am still finding it hard to believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away. I have to tell you, a little part of me is dreading it this year. I don't want to say that I'm finding it hard to be thankful this year, but I am struggling with it. I definitely have a lot to be thankful for. God has blessed me way more than I deserve. I have a wonderful loving husband who does his best at being the spiritual leader of our family. I have my two precious furbabies. My family is absolutely the best. I not only have a job, but I have a job that I love. I enjoy what I get to do every day. We are healthy. God has answered more prayers this year than I can count. And above all that, I serve a loving, forgiving, perfect God.

Yet with all of that, I want something more. Yes I know that is selfish. You see.. every year at Weaver Thanksgiving we share what we are thankful for. I guess I just want something new and big to share this year and not just the same thing I say every year.

Again, I know that sounds horrible. I feel bad for feeling that way, but I can't seem to get over this hump.

Either way, I'm looking forward to spending time with my family. For the first time since I've known my husband, he is not camping out at Best Buy this year. He just decided that we didn't have any extra cash for big purchases this year. He is going to work on Friday instead. This means he gets Christmas Eve off, which excites his wife. :)

I am going to brave the crowds on Black Friday. My mom, mommom, aunt, and two cousins are coming to LR to go shopping. I am looking forward to it. Going to have to be nice and rested though because I think they have big shopping plans for us. :)


What are your Thanksgivingn plans?

2 comments:

  1. I come over to your blog from (think pink). Sara is my niece. I love reading your blog and I think your furbabies are adorable! I love the picture of Liam Bailey sleeping. He looks a lot like our dog.
    Love from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your feelings are understandable. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It sounds like you have a fun day of shopping planned for Friday. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete