Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our Weekend

On Saturday, I got up and made Andrew and I cinnamon rolls. This is becoming a very yummy Saturday tradition with us. Lately, I’ve been thinking about how fun it will be when we have kids to pile up in bed together with our cinnamon rolls. Yes, we eat in our bed. I know that bothers some of you. Just pretend like you didn’t read that.

Anywho… have cinnamon rolls we got ready to head to my cousin’s 20th birthday party in Jonesboro, two hours away. We went bowling with the family. It was a blast. My 10 year old cousin was bowling on our lane. The first game, he bowled a 3. Even with his 6lb ball, his little arm just couldn’t get it down the lane. It was moving slow and would turn into the gutter every time. We tried to show him several different techniques. Finally, Andrew told him to just run up to the lane and drop it. We knew he needed speed. This worked. By the third game, he bowled a 71. Andrew and I let him win that third game. We stayed close behind so he would think we were really trying. That kid was on Cloud 9 for the rest of the night. It was great. I just love seeing Andrew with him. It makes my heart happy.

Drew giving Luke some tips.

The Birthday Girl
My momma bowling... She beat me!!
Me and the Daddy... Again any tips on how to make me NOT look this white, washed out, and dead?

After bowling and dinner with the fam, we went to watch my little brother wrestle. It is the fake kind, like WWE. I’ll admit when he first started doing this, I thought it was stupid. I was very against the idea. However, he loves it. I just tell him to do it for the glory of God. Be an example to the guys around him. His music when he walks out changes from time to time, but whether is a good guy or a bad guy, it is always a Christian song. I love that!

Anyways, he lost. I don’t do well watching other people beat up on my little brother. Yes, I know it is fake, but I still want to jump down in the ring and help him out. I just pray every Saturday night, that he won’t be seriously injured. It is fun to watch him though. The fans love him, especially the kids. He was signing arms and t-shirts Saturday night. He has a lot of kids who look up to him, which is another reason I just tell him to shine for God.




Sunday, Andrew and I visited New Life Church in North Little Rock. This church has several campuses in Arkansas. I have to admit, I stereotype churches with multiple campuses. I know I shouldn’t and I’m working on that. But either way, I went in Sunday with my mind made up that I wasn’t going to like this church. I was anti the idea from the moment, Andrew told me we were going. Church wasn’t bad. It felt more like a show to me than church, but I’m sure my attitude had a lot to do with it. I told Drew I wanted to go back on Sunday. I want to be able to give it a fair shot without any predetermined ideas.


Monday morning, Sara went in for her c-section. Miss M is here now and is absolutely beautiful. I got to love on her Monday night. I seriously am going to need to figure out how to old two babies at once plus play with a 1 year old and an almost 2 year old all at the same time before Thanksgiving. I just have way too many nieces and nephews That’s not true. I could never have to many. I love them all! But… I got to tell you.. holding all these sweet babies lately, not doing
anything to help the baby fever. It definitely makes me want one. When I look at the pic below of Andrew and I with J and M, I can’t help but dream about having our own little family.





2 comments:

  1. we looked for yall sunday. Did you go to early or late service? We go to the 1130one so that we can sleepin and take our time gettin the kids ready. I always hated big churchs till I went to NLC. I look forward to hearin what you think this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cinnamon rolls sound delicious!! I treasure any Saturday that me and my hubby can spend together!!

    ReplyDelete